What did you Keto today?

(Vicki Stroud) #3299

Oh yes red meat and jalapenos, with budda.

(Vicki Stroud) #3300

When I was growing up and we had fat like that on pork chops or fresh pork steak, my mother would cut it off cube it up and fry till crispy and salt the crap out of it, then we would all fight over it.

(Doug) #3301

:slightly_smiling_face: :exclamation:

Did a beef brisket in a large roasting pan last month, adding in several large jalapeños along with other vegetables when the meat was pretty well cooked. It was surprising how much water came out of the veggies to join the red wine and beef stock - ended up about 3" or 75cm deep. Jalapeños aren’t all that hot, so I left the seeds in, only cutting off the tops. Some of the hotness leached out into the liquid, the peppers themselves taking on a bit of the surrounding flavors while retaining just the right amount of heat for me - absolutely delicious, and will use 40 or 50 jalapeños next time around.

(Vicki Stroud) #3302

That sounds to die for. I love to roast them on the grill and slice up to have with whatever is being grilled. It is funny my parents always told us to eat the fat on the meat they always said it is good for you, I don’t think they knew how right they really were.

(Ellen) #3303

60g burger (20% fat) with garlic & cheese mixed in, topped with 2 slices of cheese, tasty but could only eat half!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #3304

Chicken Philly Cheese Meatloaf

New to ketosis
(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3305

Boring fried eggs and hog jowl

(Ren) #3306

Roasted acorn squash with sour cream and chipotle chicken topped with a smoked cheddar cheese.

(Megan) #3307

Pepperoni and bacon on a chicken crust pizza! :bacon: :pizza:

(Vicki Stroud) #3308

That looks yummy what recipe did you use for your crust?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3309

(Megan) #3310

I used this recipe:

I doubled the recipe and added a little bit of garlic salt and Italian seasoning to the crust. I used Rao’s pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni and bacon for topping. My family liked this the best out of all the low carb pizzas I’ve made!

(Vicki Stroud) #3311

Thank you I promised my husband I would make him our favorite NE Greek Style Pizza for dinner, it is the BEST, but, still not good enough to tempt me this will fit the bill for me.

(Vicki Stroud) #3312

STOP IT! That is just wrong when I had a cobb salad

(Vicki Stroud) #3313

I bet @rustyk61 is going to have a big fat rib eye, with jalapeños, possibly a side of fatty pig, and a distinct possibility of either some ghost peppers or wickles. With budda on top.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3314

Guilty as charged. Sorry, I don’t mean to keep showing the same ole same ole

(Vicki Stroud) #3315

Jealous I work from home but work noon to 8 so I don’t make meals like that during the week

(matt ) #3316

That’s pretty!

(Richard Morris) #3317

Shirataki in Cheese sauce (made from all the gnarly ends of cheese in the fridge = Gorgonzola, some smoked aged cheddar, and some brillat Savarin creme cheese) with Roasted chicken and fresh avocado.

It tasted better than it looks :slight_smile:

(Richard Morris) #3318

Yesterday we have cream of short rib soup

Which actually had no cream in it at all. Just beef short ribs aged in the fridge on a wire rack for a week

Then thrown in an instant pot with a mirepoix, mushrooms and some water.

The mirepoix was half an onion diced, some chopped celery, some chopped bell pepper (capsicum) fried up in the pan I used to seal the short ribs.

When the pot had pressure cooked for an hour, I took the meat out and blended the rendered out fat with the stock and any vegetables into that creamy sauce.

One beef rib we shared and the other 3 all got frozen in zip loc bags to be thawed out for a nearly instant meal.