What did I just get myself into?

(Alec) #22

I hope you were going very slowly. Long runs must be done real slow, especially if you are not 100%. Take care. You will get there.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #23

I was slower than my regular runs, but I probably should have slowed it down even more.

I did stop at the local library to use the restroom. I’ve never had to stop mid run like that. Not even when I did my half marathon.

I know I should listen to my body, but it’s hard sometimes. Wednesday’s are my only day to get in a long run, and with my next half on the horizon, I didn’t want to nix one.

But I’ve felt fine on my shorter runs since (which are getting longer too).

(LeeAnn Brooks) #24

Man, I wish I had had time for my long run today. I hit 7.25 miles and felt like I could go another couple no problem. And it was on a grueling hilly route with over 370 ft of elevation changes.

Some days it’s just there and some it’s not.

(Alec) #25

i did 16k (10m) yesterday… and felt great. Slow, but no energy issues at all… fat adaption is the key.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #26

I just hit 10 miles for my long run this morning. Felt pretty darn good the whole way. Went very slow. (Unlike my drive home which yielded my first ticket in 12 years :disappointed_relieved:)

I think I’m going to sign up for a half marathon on July 22nd. The one I’m doing in August is a trail run, which will be much more challenging, so I’d like to have an easier mostly flat terrain one under my belt first. And I think I’m on track to be able to do it in a few weeks.

If not, I can just run 11 or 12 of it and walk the rest. No big deal.

Plus it’s the week before we leave for vacation and while I plan on running that week, I don’t think I’ll be able to get long runs in. So why not do one before we go?