What book are you currently reading?

(William B Fenton) #162

Restoration Agriculture by Mark Shepherd

I am reading Grain Brain. Very interesting read.

(Running from stupidity) #164

New version or the old?

As a librarian I second this side note. :clap:

The old. Borrowed from the library

(Troy) #167

Thanks!
Great resource no doubt

Btw @hobbitgal
A lot easier than late fees or turning in books late🤣
Or just keeping them😳

I now yield the floor to one of the many classic moments
From THE Al Bundy

Enjoy

(Samantha Ziegler) #168

I am currently on book 5 of the Outlander Series!

(Running from stupidity) #169

IKR?

My brain has had a bit of a meltdown this morning, and continuing with the still excellent “Protein Power” is somewhat beyond it currently, so I grabbed a Dick Francis pretty much at random (I have all of his on the Kobo, and I’m vaguely working my way through them in chronological fashion, although I haven’t touched one for months) and you know, the first few pages were EXACTLY what I needed to read at that point in time.[1]

He’s a good writer, and if his books are ALL a touch (or more :slight_smile: on the “good guy always wins in the end despite all the crazy circumstances” side, well, sometimes that’s what you need to read…

[1] That sentence is all the proof you need about the brain malfunctions :slight_smile:

(Allie) #170

I read a Dick Francis book when I was twelve… can’t remember which one, it was just one I found somewhere and decided to read as it had a horse on the front. If not for my already “colourful” childhood it may have been rather eye opening…

Ha! I think I used to work for her, or her significantly more evil twin.

Three left to go after you finish book 5. Outlander is my all-time favorite series. Love it! Been waiting for book 9 to be published. Can’t wait, even though I must. Enjoying the TV series, too.

(Bob M) #173

I’m listening to the Age of War by Michael J Sullivan and reading Holes, by Louis Sachar, which my 8 year old, 11 year old, and wife have all read and enjoyed.

(J) #174

I just finished listening to this audiobook. LOVED it. Very inspired to try something similar. :slight_smile:

(Samantha Ziegler) #175

I am enjoying the TV series as well! I started the book series on my honeymoon 2 years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since!

What is your favorite book of the series so far?

That’s akin to asking to name your favorite child. One book in particular does not stand out, but the entire story line as a whole is what is so enjoyable and entertaining. Gabaldon is such a seasoned storyteller. Loved them all; each for their memorable and unique stories, plots and subplots, and of course, the wonderful characters.

Book 8 does have a weird twist and a unsatisfying ending. It was like she stopped in the middle of the book. Still loved it though.

(Running from stupidity) #177

That is frustrating in along series. I mean, you know the next book is coming, so at least show the readers some respect and tie this one up with some semblance of care.

Gabaldon might be getting tired after 8 books and getting a little sloppy but the series is excellent.

Dr Tom O’Bryan Autoimmune Fix.

Keto has been great but I have more food to remove. Still have inflammation

(Kristen Ann) #180

Was this pretty helpful? I’m a bit rusty in Python and have been considering getting back into it for data wrangling…

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #181

I’m referring to it as I do a little graphing of my blood pressure. It is useful but my python skills are current (intermediate, not advanced).