What book are you currently reading?

(Allie) #1

This is what I’m currently reading, not that I get much time to read but I have so many books now that I make sure to read one chapter each night before bed.

Keto Complaint Department
LCHC (low-carb, high culture)
(Troy) #2

Funny
Just started to read this LATE last night
Slightly late to the party for this Keto classic :joy:

(Allie) #3

I only read that last year myself :blush:

Unless it’s a scholarly piece by someone like Dr. Jason Fung, etc. I just stick to fiction. I get my self-help and opinion off these forums.

Reading Stephen Hunter (Bobby Lee Swagger series) and Dennis E. Taylor. (Sci-Fi).

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

One More thing by BJ Novak (short stories. fiction)

(Bunny) #6

That book looks pretty awesome, it looks like it’s about “minimalism” I do feel I would be happier with fewer things, stuff you really don’t need!

Life is a Picture, But You Live in a Pixel

(Carl Keller) #7

… I was reading it to my cousin’s 5 year old.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Just started re-reading C. J. Cherryh’s “Foreigner” series.

The library has been selling off books for 25¢. Some of them have been crap, but at that price . . . :grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Just bought this today, it is $1.99 today on Amazon:

The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally, by Dr. Jason Fung

I’ve read the others hadn’t bothered to get this one but at that price, I had to do it. I pretty much have the classics of keto and fasting covered now.

(Nicole) #10

Meat as a sustainable food source…

(Laurie) #11

I’m a huge reader, and it was hard to keep myself in library books (mostly mystery, some non-fiction). I enjoy reading mysteries by foreign authors. Since I can read French and Spanish, I decided to start getting mysteries in the original French or Spanish. Now it takes me about 20 days to read a book, instead of 2!

This is the one I’m reading now:

QuandSortLaRecluse

(Janelle) #12

I just finished Circe and Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. That woman can write!

(Mike W.) #13

How did you purchase it? This sounds dumb, but it won’t “let me”…

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

I ordered it on the website on my pc, I’m set to get digital purchases downloaded to my Kindle, so it just does it for me after I confirm the purchase.

If double clicking on it on the phone doesn’t work I have no idea how to do it either, sorry.

Could not believe all the so called summary pubs. I would understand if it was by IDM or Dr. Fung, but it looks like anyone with an account can put up a summary of a book now. What a rip off for the authors and readers.

(Ellen) #15

Ooh, some good suggestions for new books (not that I really need more but…), Currently have the Casebook of Sherlock Holmes on my phone, a free fantasy thing on kindle and both Deathstalker War & Homo Deus in paperback (yes, I read a LOT).

(Mike W.) #16

I’m setup that way too. Maybe I’ll try it on the PC. Thanks for your reply.

I’m doing my high school course again- read the book, then the movie, compare&contrast :wink:

(FIONA HUGHES) #18

I’m currently making my way through the outlander books , now on book 7 and finding them all very addictive :blush:

(Chris) #19

Fat of the Land

https://www.amazon.com/Fat-Land-Vilhjalmur-Stefansson/dp/B0000CJQEU

(Allie) #20

I’m about to start on this one.