What book are you currently reading?

(KCKO, KCFO) #182

Just started this one yesterday, very interesting stuff.

I have to read non food related books will fasting, or they turn out too short to be of benefit to me.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #183

My Python is okay, but I need to brush up on my Boa and my Rattlesnake.

Starting today…

(Diane) #185

Lovely photo!

(Kristen Ann) #186

:joy: :joy:

(Margie) #187

Heinlein…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #188

Asimov
Clarke

(Troy) #189

Just started to read this a couple evenings ago

So Good. Went to read before bed.
I fell asleep
I actually woke up with almonds joy wrappers and abba zabba wrappers EVERYWHERE :flushed:
Scared me
Jk

Any who
Yet, another Keto classic to “ sweeten “ up my journey🙂

(William B Fenton) #190

“Foundation of Strength” by StrongFirst featuring Senior SFG Instructor Mark Toomey

(Susan) #191

The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #192

I’m 210 pages in. Great book.

(Stephanie ) #193

I’m reading the original Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Its amazing, it’s a tiny bit difficult to read because of the way things were written back then but very enjoyable

(KCKO, KCFO) #194

Decided I needed a few laughs so I downloaded Fanny Flagg’s The Whole Town is Talking. Loving it, plenty of laughs. I’ve read a lot of her stuff, always a delightful read. She wrote Fried Green Tomatoes, if you haven’t read it or watched the movie, treat yourself.

(Bacon for the Win) #195

I ordered this today. I’ve been waiting for the audiobook which still isn’t out yet. Going away next week and wanted to bring a book, so Dr. Berry for the win.

(Bacon for the Win) #196

Read this and shared it with my brother. Having lost both parents is a strange place to be now and this helped to make some sense of it.

Sally Fallon’s Nourishing Traditions diet is not Keto but overlaps nicely because she is all about eating nutritious dense wholesome foods. She is about getting away from processed foods and replacing them with the healthy foods of our ancestors.

Early in my Keto journey, I read her Nourishing Fats book along with Nina Teicholz’s The Big Fat Surprise which gave me a new set of glasses and helped me to free myself from the saturated-fat-is-bad-for-you dogma.

Reading this brings back memories of growing up eating grass-fed beef, raw milk, and homemade sauerkraut (the real fermented kind and not the stuff with vinegar).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #198

Love fermented sauerkraut. :+1::+1::+1:

(KCKO, KCFO) #199

Now reading this one. Not bad at all for a freebie.

(PSackmann) #200

On a little darker note in this genre is Edith Wharton’s The House of Mirth. I can relate to Lily Bart, and the book itself really resonated with me.

(PSackmann) #201

I just finished a Great Course on Personality (Why You Are Who You Are) and have now started The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue. It’s my reward for making my way through Atlas Shrugged and The End of the Affair. I’m an Audible junkie and listen to stave off road rage in Atlanta traffic.