What book are you currently reading?

(Running from stupidity) #41

OK, pretend it’s a standalone, then :slight_smile:

It’s a really good read, it’s beautifully written.

(Janelle) #42

I love series! If I like a story, I want it to continue. I will agree that by book 5 or so, it might be time to move on.

(Allie) #43

This was a very good one. Normally I don’t read fiction at all but this was highly recommended on a podcast so I decided to buy it without any clue what it was even about :joy:

(Lisa) #44

I just finished reading Lilac Girls about the women in Poland who were used as human guinea pigs by the Nazi’s. I got through it (book club read) but felt so angry though out it!

(Allie) #45

That would’ve made me angry too.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #46

I’m tardy to the Keto party also @Tmdlkwd :joy: in my defense I’ve only been Keto for 3 months now :woman_shrugging:t4:

(Janelle) #47

I haven’t read this. It’s was recommended by my doctor though. Will have to find a copy.

(Allie) #48

This is on my wish list. I had to stop buying books as I have a rather large backlog… so now my Amazon wish list is massive :joy:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #49

I’m a history buff. But this is not a quick read.

Currently re-reading Denise Minger’s ‘Death by Food Pyramid’. Taking a while as I can’t sit still during the day & I get too tired to concentrate at night. Cracker of a book though :slightly_smiling_face:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #51

Safi, you’ve reinvented yourself! I will miss the beach, but the new you is, I suspect, the real you. Love it!

:grin::kissing_heart:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #53

(Empress of the Unexpected) #54

Oh, and not to be too kiss-assey, but I have noticed you provide some of the sanest, most valuable and knowledgeable advice on the forums. Keep it coming - we really appreciate your contributions.

Well for that kindness you earn a gratuitous cat shot my friend :grin:

(Troy) #56

That was very 1st “Keto Book”
The digital version
I just bought the old school paper version :smile:
Gonna do a re-read for sure!

Side note
It’s been mentioned before
Just a reminder, you can get the digital form of the books on loan from local library’s
I have a bunch of library cards in different cities or county’s — to expand the book availability pool🙂

THIS can all be done on the FREE Apps Overdrive and now Libby
Sent to a Kindle for example

(Alex ) #57

My dad has punted this onto me after we both enjoyed the “Killing Eve” BBC TV series… he has the second one on the go too which is coming my way shortly…

If anyone hasn’t seen it, Killing Eve is avail on BBC Iplayer - it’s EPIC!

not a massive fiction reader to be honest, prefer factual…

(Central Florida Bob ) #58

Well, this is pretty “out there” by comparison. My current read:

When I’m not reading online about how to fix the latest thing that broke around the house…

(John) #59

Just got this book in the mail from Amazon - written by @AllanMisner. I am kind of jumping around in it right now but plan to read from the start when I get some time to hunker down with it.

a 1999 printing, but it was only a couple bucks!