What book are you currently reading?

That’s why I can’t get with his program at all. Too much eye-rolling at the naff ‘pig’ stuff.

(KCKO, KCFO) #263

Had issues with it at first but I decided it was just being resistant to the needed changes. He says you can change that inner voice to anything you want. But I relaxed and just went with it and now I find it funny. And honestly I am just being a piggy when I start eating stuff I know I shouldn’t. I seem to be getting a handle on the snacking of nuts so it is helping me improve myself.

(Todd Batitis) #264

I just finished and enjoyed the following:

I can still remember listening to Dr. Kaku talk with Art Bell so many years ago and think “Wow. I just listened to a theoretical physicist for 4 hours… and I pretty much understood everything he was talking about.”

Decided to start re-reading Anne Rice’s “Interview With the Vampire”, because on a whim I’m in the mood for pretentious existential navel-gazing, wangst, and queer vampires.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #266

The new “Foreigner” book just arrived!!! You may not see me for a day or two. . . . :open_book:

(Todd Batitis) #267

I just finished Jack Challem’s “The Inflammation Syndrome” which was pretty good overall even if some of it doesn’t exactly match up with some of the other things I have learned but overall a good book on the subject and some great info on supplements and nutrients.

I am switching gears and going from the health books I have been listening too and back to my favorite fiction genre which is fantasy, specifically dragon book types. As I listen to audiobooks and get them for free from my local library system it can be a challenge to make sure they have all of a series but the first on is available by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis who I loved from the Dragonlance series.

I just started and so far, so good!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #268

Dr. Boz 1st book

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #269

I just downloaded this on my kindle looks good.

(KCKO, KCFO) #270

Is someone fasting and eating the books they are trying to read. Two posts had the books blurred. I envisioned someone taking a bite out of the covers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reading

But I’m listening to an old book called Night Of Camp David

(Laurie) #273

I like mysteries set in other parts of the world. This one is set waaaay in the disappearing Arctic, and features the disappearing Inuit way of life. The protagonist is a woman.

I just finished it. It’s kind of slow moving, but it held my interest.

WhiteHeat

(Ben ) #274

The Keto Reset Diet. There is a young guy giving 6 classes. on keto using this book as a guide. He is giving these classes in a Natural Grocer store. He draws around 50 people a session. Who knows, I just might pick up a tidbit of useful info.

(Chris) #275

Just finished Power to the People! By Pavel Tsatsouline. It’s a training regimen centered around the deadlift and press. I’m planning to try out the Russian Bear bodybuilding approach from the book for about 6 weeks and see if it’s any good. I like the guy’s attitude and he was a former Soviet spetznaz trainer.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #276

It’s okay. Might be lending to my foul mood, now that I think about it…

This one will be quite a read…the book is thick :joy:

('Jackie P') #278

I am currently rereading the Montalbano series by Andrea Camilleri. I am on the 9th of 26 and I love them.
They follow an unconventional detective in Sicilly. Much is made of his dietary preferences - mainly fish and pasta with the odd cake thrown in! But I can forgive him that.
Light and funny, each book is about a 4 hour read.
The TV series is brilliant too. Not least because Luca Zingarelli is very sexy!

(KCKO, KCFO) #279

Ready Player One, borrowed from library via Overdrive, so no cover shot to share.

(Allie) #280

My BF has this book too.

(Todd Allen) #281

Well read long time ketoers may not find much new here, but it looks like an excellent choice for people new to keto interested in health.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #282

gitv