What book are you currently reading?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #242

Do you recommend the Amy Berger AD book?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #243

Finished the Obesity Code this week:

I loved this book. Even the short fasting section is better than the Guide to Fasting.

Jason Fung lays out what the research shows as to BG, Insulin, weight lose and more. What works and what doesn’t. It helped motivate me to:

• drastically limit artificial sweeteners
  • reinforce meditation, time restricted feeding, IF and EF practices

I was pre T2 a few years ago so I could have read his diabetes code or this one. Got this as a gift and was happy to read it.

(Running from stupidity) #244

EXACTLY!!!

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Also, kudos to the cover designer, it’s equally awesome.

(linda) #245

Hey Eric–
Um - well not really - unless you have a real investment in learning everything you can about Alzheimers. I’d give it a 3 out of 5. It is informational about all the great things KETO and applies those things like anti-inflammation to A. The research isn’t out on prevention but KETO has been used in some small studies to reduce cognitive decline with mild to moderate results on those afflicted with Alzheimers.

(Jodi) #246

One of my favorite series! I like her Alpha/omega series also.

(Jodi) #247

The Dresden Files is my absolute favorite!

(Diane) #248

I try to only check Jim Butcher’s website once a month for an announcement regarding the release date for Peace Talks. Sigh… nothing yet.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #249

So I have never read Jim Butcher. I was just checking him out on Amazon and looks like my type of books. Which one do you suggest I start with?

Thanks for the recommendation.

(Diane) #250

Start with Storm Front, it’s the first of the Harry Dresden novels (Peace Talks will be the 16th in a planned 20 book series). The first got me hooked but he gets seriously better with each book (with maybe one exception). They are a combination of urban fantasy, horror, comedy, mystery and action and done very well. He writes great, exciting climactic scenes.

Mr. Butcher has two other series which I’ve enjoyed as well, but my favorites are the Harry Dresden books.

James Marsters (of Buffy the Vampire fame) reads the Audible versions of the Harry Dresden books and he is fantastic. I’ve now reread all 15 books twice while waiting for Peace Talks (sigh…) and James Marsters has become exceptionally better at narration as well.

(Jodi) #251

It will be worth the wait I know but it seems to take forever​:persevere::sweat_smile:

radium%20girls

This is a review I wrote on Amazon:

(Laurie) #253

I don’t know whether I ordered this because someone on this list recommended it. If so, thanks!

“Sir” John Hargrave is an outrageous prankster and recovering addict. So far it’s a great book.

MindHacking

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #254

I listened to this audio book and enjoyed it.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #255

I just checked these two out from the library:

download download2

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #256

I loved this book!

In a sad, heart-breaking way, I know. :cry:

(Susan) #258

I have put The Obesity Code on hold while i read Never Binge Again by Glenn Livingston PhD

I was having issues with cookies at work and although the book was free (and a bit corny) it seems to be helping.

I need more reading time.

Just finished this book. Even though it reads like a text book and is kinda dry, I found Dr. Price’s findings fascinating. A foundational book on nutrition, with numerous examples of healthy results from eating nutritious foods with a damning critique of the western diet. In my opinion, it should be required reading for anyone in food production, health, medical, dental or nutrition careers.

(Running from stupidity) #260

Lotta carbs in corn, so be wary.

(KCKO, KCFO) #261

I am using his technique to cut back on the nuts. I tend to over eat them once I start on those. I like that he came up with this because of his own eating issues. And yea, kinda corny, pig squeals, LOL.