What book are you currently reading?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #222

es mi opinion.

(PSackmann) #223

You should, much better than The Jungle. Very apt for our current society

(Empress of the Unexpected) #224

I will add it to my (long) list. Thanks.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #225

Jane Austen, hands down.

(Laura) #226

Real Food Keto by Jimmy and Christine Moore. I also finished Keto Clarity by Jimmy.

For fiction, I am working my way through the Outlander series.

(Laura) #227

When I was a teen, I read The Stranger by Camus and then had to read all of his books. I just loved them.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #228

The chat “help” on these new programs I am learning remind me of reading Franz Kafka.

The only book I really enjoyed was “Wuthering Heights” and that was when I was going through my phase of enjoying a Book Full of Assholes. It’s still the best deconstruction of the Byronic Hero, with the character of Heathcliff, I’ve ever read. Too bad it’s reputation is not known for it.

(Bob M) #230

We went to see this at the local high school. It was unbelievable. Truly. We could not believe how much talent there was in a high school production. Not one bad thing about it. Everything – costumes, singers, sets – was top-notch.

(Heather Meyer) #231

Reading Temple Grandin’s book…
Love her work!

(Bob M) #232

I love Jack London. I keep trying to get my daughters to read him, but everything now has to be fantasy and grab your attention within the first 1-2 chapters, else it’s history. But they read books per week, sometimes per day, so I can’t quite complain.

I pulled out my book log and was astounded to realize I didn’t read a single work of published fiction last year. I still read a lot of books, but almost all of them diet-related, since it was April when I transitioned to Keto. But dang, I kinda can’t believe I didn’t get around to read any fiction. I need to rectify that.

But dang it was a trip down memory lane when I checked the log and remembered that I re-read the whole “Animorphs” series, all 62 books, from 2015-2016. Wish there was a way to get these books in an easy format for my nephew. There’s a series that needs the Netflix treatment.

I’m right behind you, 3rd year keto and only now reading the Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance. Was going to read that one first… but I’m lazy.

(Laurie) #235

As a high school dropout, I was never tortured by great literature. I read and enjoyed some of it in my 20s and beyond.

Publishers will publish almost anything written by a famous author, but not all of it is good. I have no qualms about putting something down if I’m not enjoying it.

What I’m reading now: Not really a good mystery, but it’s set in modern-day China, so it’s kind of interesting.

ApricotsRevenge

(Running from stupidity) #236

Doesn’t reading about vengeful fruit worry you a little as a keto person, Laurie?

(Laurie) #237

I survived The Grapes of Wrath, Blackberry Winter (Margaret Mead’s autobiography), Blueberries for Sal (a children’s book), A Raisin in the Sun, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, and The Catcher in the Rye.

Come to think of it, maybe you’re right, and I should stop reading about fruit and grains. What about – juice?

(Running from stupidity) #238

All indications are that the juice is the worst part of the fruit (so sweet and sickly), so I’d read nothing even remotely associated with that term.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #239

Rereading Patricia Briggs, Moon Called, a great modern fantasy.

(linda) #240

Hi Regina!
I read The Alzheimer’s Antidote by Amy Berger, MS, CNS, NTP. a few months ago. Copyright 2017. Basic premise is to use low carb high fat diet to fight Alzheimers disease, memory loss and cognitive decline.
(My major reason to eat KETO - mother affected with disease in her late fifties.)
Wonder if this book is similar?

(Diane) #241

I’ve been rereading Patricia Brigg’s Alpha & Omega series (listening to them on Audible this time). I LOVE her, she’s one of my two favorite modern fantasy novelists (along with Jim Butcher).