What are your keto sick day staple recipes?

I believe I have a sinus infection, and I always ate Chinese hot and sour soup over white rice in my past life to help me feel better. My partner is going to make me some Thai coconut soup with shrimp tonight, but I’m wondering what else people eat/make when sick. I did a huge meal prep of salads earlier and now abhor the thought of having anything cold. Anyone have any great sick day recipes?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

The all time favorite for this is chicken soup. Add some thyme and a little garlic, if you like hot and feel up to it cayenne is helpful just add to your bowl, if you cook it it gets hotter, or just use some Louisiana Hot Sauce, my favorite is Crystal. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

Raw.Whole.Ginger.Root.Multiple.Times.Per.Day.

In addition and/or alternatively: a tablespoon of coconut oil swished around in your mouth for a few minutes several times per day.

Both of the above also work well as preventatives. Be advised, however, that raw ginger root will accelerate your metabolism and enable you to burn fat more efficiently*. So if you want to avoid that, keep the quantity 10-15 grams per day max (it will still accelerate your metabolism, but a little less radically). The coconut oil does the same, but not to the same extent as the ginger root.

('Jackie P') #4

Soup! Its almost worth being ill for!
This is my favourite. Roasted tomato and red pepper soup.
Slowly roast 8 plum tomatoes (halved), 2 red peppers, 4 plump garlic cloves, a halved lemon, a red chilli (optional) some basil or thyme. Drizzled with olive oil and lots of salt and pepper.
Meanwhile in a saucepan heat a litre of water with a vegetable stock cube and a tbsp of tomato puree. When the veg are soft, squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon, squeeze out the garlic pulp and put the veg into the stock. Now, add either mascapone, cream cheese or cream. A handful of basil and blitz!
I hope you feel better soon x

(Judy ) #5

Homemade Chicken Bone Broth always makes me feel better!

(Ken) #6

Commercial chicken broth with a couple of spoonfuls of extra chicken or meat fat added in. I use the soup base from the store.