What are you ordering at Starbucks?

(JAMIE PADILLA) #101

I usually get a grande blonde latte w HWC but I looked up how they make it and I think they add like 12oz of HWC. That’s a lot of fat! Someone please tell me I’m wrong.

(Robert Hollinger) #102

I got excited about this but when I asked at SB about the matcha powder they said that it contains sugar and that there was a recall where they had some that didn’t and that was corrected. I have emailed SB customer support to inquire further and state how stupid this is to exclude so many potential customers by putting sugar in freaking everything but the only response I got was a survey for how their support was. I am hoping they are mis-informed but I can’t risk it.

(Celi Liu) #103

Oh my goodness! Seriously?! That’s so sad. I remember asking 2 Baristas and they told me no sugar but that was a couple of months ago. They may have changed it back after the “featured drink” stopped being promoted. That’s so disappointing… I also forgot to mention “light frappuccino base” is the sugar free version of the regular “frappuccino base” so make sure to order that if you manage to find a keto frapp!

I just get the moon cheese

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #105

This topic is hilarious. I refuse to buy from Starbucks, because they never seem to have any bacon-flavored coffee. :coffee::bacon:

(linda) #106

Grande Decaf Soy Latte!!!
YUM!

(Mandy) #107

Cold brew, pump of sugar free vanilla and heavy cream. Their sugar free isn’t exactly great for bodies but I do it so rarely it doesn’t seem to cause me grief.

(Lauren brennan) #108

Hey, this sounds delicious but will the calorie content be crazy high? And does that even matter? I’m always so confused by the macros…

(Brandy) #109
  1. Short heavy cream latte
  2. Trenta iced green tea with no sweetener and light ice
  3. A bag of Verona coffee beans

(Vladaar Malane) #110

Never drink there, seems crazy to spend that much money when you can make and drink coffee at home.

Drank there once on 12 hour trip and got black coffee.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #111

Are we really reviving this silly thread? I’m with Vladaar—home-brewed is best!

(Doug) #112

In reading through the responses, cold brew is popular, and I’ve never had it. ‘Starbucks’ brings visions of massively-sugared things to mind for me, though I have gotten black coffee there, “an Americano.” All the crazy names for things makes me want to smash something.

I pretty much make my iced coffee at home, to save money, but I do miss the drinks at Starbucks. They were pure sugar, certainly, but it was one of those places I used to be able to “treat” myself with. I do miss fraps and macchiatos.

(Laurie) #114

When I was still freelancing, a client sent me a $50 Starbucks gift card. I didn’t have a vehicle, so I couldn’t use it myself. I tried to give the card away, but no one would accept it! Finally I found someone who agreed to take it off my hands; he said he’d use it to get a new Thermos.

(Alec) #115

What’s Starbucks? Some kind of extra terrestrial deer?

Coffee? Who buys coffee at Starbucks? I rent furniture.

When there are no better places to sit and laptop for an hour or three I order a long black coffee “Americano”, place it on the said furniture and off I go …

Sure the coffee costs a tad more but it’s cheap rent.

I do the same with McCafe, but keeping wondering if they’ve somehow destroyed the coffee.

(Troy) #117

Nicely said😶
Venti Iced Americano - $3.35
I get a refill at .50 ( they will do just iced coffee- sigh )
For the road
Works for me

Yup
Not like old school anymore
They have nice furniture and cozy booths!:smile:
Iced Coffee - no cream, no liquid sugar - $2
They occasionally have promos ( in app ) for $1
Works for me

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #118

Yeah, that’s it! Yeah. :+1:

Apparently the name is taken from a character in Moby-Dick.

(Thao Le) #119

Wow, didn’t see this question until a year later, hopefully it’s not too late, yes, I asked for to cubes of butter that they provide for pastry. A barista there even told me when you order any pastry (which I don’t :), ask for 4 butter hehe.

(Candace) #120

Thank you!