What are you ordering at Starbucks?

(Scott) #81

Tall Quad Americano with splash heavy

(mags) #82

Starbucks do cream in the UK? I’m excited!

Venti Americano with heavy cream and 2 pumps sugar free cinnamon dolce

(What The Fast?!) #84

FYI all - Starbucks Sugar Free syrups have maltodextrin in them. :frowning: From what I understand, that’s very insulinogenic!

(Troy) #85

I will play too

Venti Iced americano , nothing in it😢
Venti ice water

And 2 Kerrigold butter individual 10g packs to eat later :smiley:

(Cynthia) #86

I simply ask them to add as much heavy whipping cream as they can without charging me. They usually just laugh and comply with my request…

(Dani) #87

I’m curious. Those who prefer a flat white or latte with hwc, who many carbs are you counting for that? I have dying for a flat white but haven’t been able to figure out the carbs wth hwc.

(Troy) #88

Some help here :laughing:
Might have to check their website for the exact though
Close though

A Flat White —- typically comes with a highly concentrated shot of espresso and steamed whole milk to create a creamy coffee with a strong buzz. Steamed milk has 8g of sugar so replace it with a mixture of half heavy whipping cream and half water to get the same creaminess without the carbs.

• Order it low carb: “Short Flat White. Replace the steamed milk with half heavy whipping cream & water steamed.”
  • Macros: 55 calories, 1g net carbs, 1g protein, 5g fat.

A Caffe Latte —- typically comes with espresso, steamed milk, and a light layer of foam. To recreate a low carb version, you’ll start from from scratch and order an Americano with a splash of heavy whipping cream. Ask them to add foam if the presentation under the lid is important to you.

• Order it low carb: “Short Americano, filled with 3/4 water and the rest with heavy cream. Add foam on top please.”
  • Macros: 216 calories, 4g net carbs, 3g protein, 22g fat.

(Sarah) #89

I like to get a London Fog. Typically this is made with milk and tea (a tea latte), Early Grey or Tazo Awake tea is most popular. I order mine made with cream. When I order it, I order this way: “Grande breve London Fog with sugar free vanilla.” It’s simple but soooo amazing. I don’t go to Starbucks but at a local coffee shop here in NV, which uses Keto friendly sugar free syrups, is where I get it. BUT you can order this at any place to include Starbucks.

(Dani) #90

Thanks, Troy!

(Shantanu) #91

Me too!!! I use small, medium or large just to stick it to them… all while being completely aware of the irony of doing it while ordering overpriced coffee :grin:

(Shantanu) #92

Whadyakno?! I read this while drinking coffee at Starbucks and decided, what the heck! I’m going to get me a low carb flat white. It’s brilliant! Thanks for the tip.

(Ethan) #93

I don’t see where the American here gets 4g net carbs, but the flat white gets 1g. That cannot be correct. Each shot of espresso is around 1g carb, but slightly less net. The flat white has more heavy cream than the Americano.

(Brian) #94

This is a fascinating thread for someone who’s never been inside of a Starbucks. The names and descriptions are like Star Trek, only about coffee, to this ol’ fart living on an Appalachian mountain. LOL!!

Mr. Coffee… Folgers Half Caff… and that’s pretty upscale here. LOL!!

:smiley:

(Ethan) #95

Heh. I used to laugh when I saw Folgers k-cups for the same price as every other coffee.

(Dani) #96

I order a venti blonde americano with steamed hwc. Sometimes I add a pump each of SF vanilla and SF cinnamon dolce if I’m feeling decadent.

For a cold drink, I order a trenta passion tango no water, no classic, sub SF vanilla. Occasionally I have them add a splash of hwc. Really really good.

(Ethan) #97

This is a new favorite of mine (modified slightly from something I found online, which provides a card you print and hand to the barista):

Tall Cold Brew with Heavy Whipping Cream

• Pour uncut CBIC to the bottom line
  • Heavy cream to the middle line
  • 2 scoops protein powder
  • Add equivalent scoop ice
  • Blend twice or on smoothie setting

It’s not at all sweet, but you could add SF syrup. It comes out like a Frap.

(Casey) #98

I’m a little late to the game, but I usually get a cold brew with heavy cream. Delicious!

(Celi Liu) #99

The new matcha powder has no sugar in it (according to Baristas, the matcha powder last year had a LOT) so I order a Green Tea Frappuccino.
No classic syrup, (usually 3+ pumps in original drink)
1 pump sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup
1 pump sugar-free vanilla syrup
Heavy Cream
Extra scoop of matcha powder

Taste like Ice cream… It may be too sweet for some so I would suggest just 1 pump of sf syrup.

(Becky Searls) #100

Just did this w/SF vanilla instead of Splenda. YUMMMM