What are you ordering at Starbucks?

(Julie Pegler) #61

If you ask for unsweetened it’s just plain tea???

(Cynthia) #62

My go-to drink at Starbuck is a venti hot tea, chi, one pump of sugar free cinnamon dulce syrup, an inch of steamed heavy cream.

I watch to make sure that I get tea bags and not the sugar laden chi latte mix. Starbucks charges for every pump of flavoring syrup. They do not charge for a small amount of heavy whipping cream.

An experienced barista has no problem with this order but newbees are another story!

(Dave Linkston) #63

I take a very boring option.

Venti cold brew

No cream, no sugar syrups, just plain cold black coffee

(David) #64

I tried this. I didn’t know what to expect. It was fairly strong. I felt like I wanted a bottle of water to go with it. Worth a try one time, but not something I would run back to.

(Ethan) #65

Nitro iced coffee!

(Brian) #66

All the talk of coffee made me go look… My morning cup of Folgers half caff via the $20 Mr. Coffee costs us a whopping $0.07 plus whatever the HWC costs that goes in it. I haven’t figured that out.

I said something to my wife about getting a Kuerig and she mentioned that her boss pays $0.35 for a K-cup, which is probably a pretty decent price.

Guess I’m just being greedy but I think I’ll “Keep Calm and Mr. Coffee On”. LOL!! :smiley:

(Ethan) #67

We spent at least $150 a month on coffee pods for Nespresso and Keurig, as well as nice Aeropressed fresh-ground beans. That doesn’t even count the Starbucks visits.

(Dave Linkston) #68

@Chance. I switched from milk laden coffees to Espresso when I started keto about three years ago, so the switch to cold brew was easy for me.

Cold brew tastes much nicer than iced Americano!

(Val) #69

Venti Redeye

(Julie Pegler) #70

OOOH that’s a great idea! Thank you!

(Jesse Leeds) #71

I also tried this today and really enjoyed it from that reddit post. I’ve never have cream in tea before but I’m in! I couldn’t figure out how to add HWC on the Starbucks app so I just included 2 pumps of sugar free vanilla and brought it back to my office and added my own Organic HWC.

(Lauren G. ) #72

Venti cold brew black, always. Sometimes I put some stevia in or sometimes I don’t even donate I but I put chocolate ketones in it. Cold makes it easier to pound down with a straw.

I avoid it because it is overpriced and slightly below average quality. When I have no choice (e.g. airport) I have an expresso. Food sold there is shite. (But maybe it’s better in other countries who knows.)

(Andrew Anderson) #74

Say three times (even to the most competent of barista): “no simple syrup!” I swear they try to sneak it in black coffee.
Lately I’ve gotten dark roast with a shot of espresso and some hwc foam.

doppio con panna! fancy way of saying double espresso with HWC lol

(Ethan) #76

You can edit the drink and change out the milk. They have several options, one of which is heavy cream

(Ethan) #77

My go-to Starbucks drink when paying is

Triple grande blonde cappuccino with heavy cream

If ordered in person, they sometimes complain that the heavy cream won’t foam. That is fine, since it ends up like a latte.

If I am redeeming a free drink, I go all out:

Quintuple grande blonde flat white with heavy cream

That’s a scam half the time, stupidity the rest of the time. You don’t pay more for HC unless its EXTRA heavy cream. They’ve been doing that to me at least 3-4 times a week for YEARS with my Trenta Iced coffees. I just say, too much. Then let them fix it.

Haha! I love this thread!

In my endless search to reduce carbs/feel better I went from medium lattes with sugar
Or hot choc with cream
To small lattes with sweetener
To tea with milk
To coffee with cream (here in the UK we say ‘Americano’ with cream)
To decaff coffee and cream
To herb tea no sweetener

And now i rarely go anyway near a Starbucks, but maybe twice a year I have the smallest hot choc they do. With cream!

(Mike W.) #80

My new go to is a latte made with heavy whipping cream. So frothy and delicious.