What are you having today?

conversationstarters
uk
zerocarb
food
carnivore

(Carnivore for the win) #84

13 oz of ground beef. Made it in a big patty with the air fryer this morning, then ate it cold for breakfast/lunch at noon. $3.99 CAD per pound, so about $3.25 for half my daily food.

Now making a 3 pound sirloin tip roast. I just put it in the instant pot on high pressure for 18 minutes, then let it naturally release for about 10 minutes. I’ll eat it with some cold butter. Roast was $6.99 CAD per pound, so about $10 for dinner.

I’m so happy the price of beef has come back down here. I was tired of having to eat chicken and pork to save money

A great time to be a carnivore. All I care to eat beef, for less than $15 a day🙂

(Linda ) #85

Yesterday turned into three meals i cooked a bottom round roast and couldn’t resist some.

Today i started with roast beef.
2nd meal will be liver and maybe a slice of bacon

So hear you when the crazy prices went lower but darn if they aren’t creeping back up on beef around me…inflation and higher prices is ALL around each of us, hang on for the ride is all we can do I guess :slight_smile:
Our gas prices are rockin’ up alot around here, not cool :frowning: in the gas tank OR IN MY tummy gas tank? HA

----------so for me today is super simple
Tbone
have a big pack of country pork ribs cooking now, 2 meals, one for later, one for tomorrow…love the fridge food backup, more simple my life is around the kitchen truly the happier my life is ALL about :slight_smile:

I’m on a pork frenzy at the moment. Enjoying it! Had some great roasts - bone in belly pork was nice yesterday, as was loin and shoulder earlier in the week.

Love it.
I just went thru like 2 mos of a massive pork frenzy…it is fun as heck isn’t it :slight_smile:

plus pork prices around me are holding a bit lower so that is always a plus!

or me today is leftover chicken wings
not sure on second meal. I have some leftover pork ribs but will be defrosting some ribeye steaks for everyone tonight, so pork and steak probably? :slight_smile: sounds good to me

have another pack of wings I need to cook today in a bit for another fridge meal when wanted. I NEED meat cooked in fridge for go to so my somewhat bulk cooking ahead of the game is now helping me alot.

(Linda ) #90

Todays first meal lamb rack1/2 I ate just over half…2nd meal found turkey taco wraps

IMG_20211023_092406_806

So my kid said she doesn’t want her NY Strip steak today so I said cool, gonna eat them both and decided I will have second meal of 1 lb. of bacon with maybe some melted cheddar on it if wanted and will fry up some Taylor ham on the side.

kinda like @Carnivoor in that I am doing meat but doing ‘processed carni junk’ as second meal but these are more controlled ‘good carni’ junk made for me that suits me LOL Sometimes convenience is a wonderful thing if it works for you and not against you!

food for the day…done deal

(Jamie Brown --Carnivore Revolution) #92

Ngl forgot about this thread lol, here’s what I’m having now, bacon galore 3 eggs & cheese

(Carnivore for the win) #93

Looks good. I had the same, but instead of cheese, I had bacon, and instead of eggs, also bacon :bacon:. Did I mention I found a great deal on bacon ends from local pigs and a local processor?

I suddenly got hungry after 11am. My body seemingly didn’t get the memo that it would be nice to go back to OMAD, it worked so well, I ate around 4-5pm. I almost never eat before 2pm, I don’t know what is wrong with me this week. Oh well.
I barely could wait for a few minutes (and I ate half a pickled egg right away anyway… half because I only had that much) but fortunately it’s very easy for me to fry some richer scrambled eggs (very fatty processed pork is inside) and I had some leftover rabbits and I can always depend on pork jowl (another fatty processed pork). I had 2 other eggs and 2 thin vienna sausages, I hope I will be okay with this. Unusually small first meal (1350 kcal, today I am more confident in my tracking) but I ate it before noon! I surely will eat 1-4 other meals, I can never know how many… I am hoping for only 1…

I always start with such a scrambled eggs since days. I usually use 3 eggs, not 2, though.

today is NY Strip steak
leftover chicken wings I need to finish off and ?? I know there will be something else, not sure yet

My lean pork is pretty boring but look what beauties I made from it! :smiley:

This happens if I don’t make sure the outside of the plate will be clean… Well this or even more rare photos from me.

Pork and eggs in 1:1 ratio, my sausage spice mix (I need it for meat I don’t like so much) and frying in coconut oil as I only have that now :frowning: And no car this week, next week we finally can buy some nice farm lard! I can get away with zero added fat in my scambled eggs and roasts but this one needed some.
Still not so great but I won’t have problem with eating it all! (All… It’s only 100g roasted pork, 2 eggs and some extra fat… But it looks more and I am easy to satiated after my not very small breakfast…)

(Jamie Brown --Carnivore Revolution) #97

Here’s what I had today 1kg mince meat with 3 eggs and plenty of butter.

Forgot about this thread :joy: