Weight trend first 60 days, some very tell tale results

(Bob) #1

I love data, collecting, tracking and interpreting.

Currently on a pace of a pound a day now for 30 days…I tend to take a look at this just for motivation.

I am sure the veterans and regulars will be able to guess what I did about weeks ago…

(Janelle) #2

I’m out of my depth but as soon as I read “a pound a day” I was like, yep, it’s a guy.

(Doug) #3

Nice chart, Bob. You’re getting stealthier all the time. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Bob) #4

Haha yea Doug…that is the goal.

The thing that stands out for me was the big dip about 4 weeks ago, I was starting to slow my pace so I did a 5 day water fast. From there its been all “down hill” so to speak.

(Michelle) #5

I like how you made the area under the graph solid. It makes it seem like it’s a big blog of body fat at which you are carving away. Jealous because I’m female. But nice job.

(Jewel ) #6

Wow, what a dip! Into a water fest! Ha, ha. Awesome to see your progress in graph form- thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

(Carpe salata!) #7

Thanks for posting that graph! Its nice how they have it on that limited y-scale. Keep the stats going, it will be great to see it in another 6 or 12 months as well.

(Ken) #8

You started at about the same place I did. The first few months were amazing, but the rate will eventually slow down. I always think back to that period as “The Melt”. It all averaged out to between one to two pounds per week over a two year period. The two year total for me was 180lbs.

(Bob) #9

Thats awesome Ken!

Yea I am quite prepared for the slow down, but certainly enjoying the ride as long as this roller coaster keeps moving to the bottom I will be satisfied.

From all the information I have been able to gather I am focusing on keeping things different each day and making sure fasting periods are full fasting and feasting periods are full feasting all the while staying true full Keto. My next goal is to enter a gym once I am past 400…I also want to get a nice resistance workout routine down before all the New Years folks get in there.

(Bob) #10

Its what the CarbManager app displays…

My scale auto updates by Bluetooth to my phone, it then updates Apple Health which in turn feeds data into the App.

Many say to not weigh yourself too often but I went the other way. I wanted to see how my weight fluctuates all day so I can get an understanding on what is typical. I only keep the first reading of the day right out of bed and the last reading of the day just going to bed though. Typical weight loss through the night has been 2-3 pounds. (Notice I didn’t say 2-3 pounds gain each day :stuck_out_tongue: )

(Ken) #11

Good idea. I waited until I was closer to 300, but I wish it had been sooner. There’s evidence out there that you can build muscle while losing fat if you’re still hyperinsulinemic, which you probably still are. After I started training again, Within two years I was able to bench 405 freebar.

Just don’t get carried away, ease back into training.

(Bob) #12

Exactly…it will be super slow.

I currently walk 3k every day which started out as 1k, the weights in the gym are going to be low and only serve to use muscles in ways they haven’t been used in a while. Get a routine down and then build from there.

Its the same as my approach to Keto/IF…first two weeks was eat when hungry but eat right. Then it was 12/12 fasting. Then it was two days a week 20/4 ect…ect.

My week is like this:

One day of 12/12 (Which is today so already had a great break-fast)
Two days of one meal
4 days of 20/4

Each “feasting period” I eat until full

I have also done a 5 day water only fast (you can see it very clearly in the graph above) and plan on working in a 7 each quarter.