Weight loss stalling

(Ron) #11

Yes. As what Chris said.

oh…meant to answer Mindi’s post. sorry Chris.

(Mindi ) #12

Each day my food goes like this to if this helps:

Breakfast: 2 eggs fried and two strips of no carb bacon, Starbucks unsweetened iced coffee with heavy cream.

Lunch: be cup baby spinach, one tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, one fried chicken breast (4 oz. weighed), 10 mini tomatoes

Dinner: Ribeye steak with bone 6 oz.

Snack: 2 string cheeses

(Mindi ) #13

Ok not diabetic. My sugar levels are the only thing good lol. Owever I have very high 500 range cholesterol and high (very) triglycerides.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

Ten days is not a weight stall, it’s just a blip on the graph. Keto weight changes are not linear, and if you look at the graphs of people who have tracked their weight, you will see lots of zigging and zagging. I suggest ignoring your scale and concentrate on the other benefits of a keto way of eating. I would also ignore the macro calculator and just keep carbs low, protein moderate, and eat fat to satiety.

As you read about the science behind this way of eating and how the body responds to it, you will begin to understand why these are the essential recommendations for eating a well-formulated ketogenic diet.

(Chris W) #15

Nice form mam!
So what you could do is increase a little each day, you should not be hungry most of the time outside of you normal eating times. The ideal way to keep going on fat adaption phase is to go to IF or window eating were you are down to 2 meals a day. Some people do OMAD (one meal a day). You have to do what is right for you, another thing we say here alot is keep changing your body does get used to the way you do things and trys to go were it wants to not were you want it to go.

(Chris W) #16

I will tell you right now that you should ignore panels for the next few months, how long ago were those taken?

(Mindi ) #17

Ok yes trying to read as much as I can on it. I do know people say and talk about stalling. I’m not actually freaking out over weight not moving for ten days as much as I guess I’m more concerned with being afraid I’m doing it wrong. I should have said too I don’t think I’m fasting but I do eat at regimented times. Lunch is around 3:00 and dinner is at 6:30. My string cheese is around 9.

(Mindi ) #18

My blood work was done for my yearly check up in February. I’ve always been high. They are always alarmed. I was on statins for 30 years till I refused and went off. I felt horrible on them. But my cholesterol was once over 600. My cardiologist just did a stress test and carotid test and they came back great. So he’s very excited that I’m doing Keto and said his patients do great on it. Said not to do blood work until at least 4-5 months.

(Chris W) #19

You don’t need to fast, for me it came naturally right before I fat adapted, I don’t eat breakfast normally. I eat at noon ish, and then eat again around 5-7 at work. (well I did I just changed shifts)

The really only rule we have is keep carbs under 20g a day net(some people do total) and watch your electrolytes. Everything else is just recommendation to make things go better.

As for the panels, are you aware that your trigs are now your source of energy, and LDL in particular of all them is pretty much useless. I went from high to ok inside of 4 weeks on the diet, I think you will find a lot of evidence to ignore LDL. I would agree on the 4-5 month thing as well. The only test currently I would do is a calcium score, that is an excellent way to determine if anything bad is happening with the old ticker.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #20

Wow! A keto-friendly doctor! Hang on to him!

And it sounds as though you’re doing fine, just Keep Calm and Keto On!

(Mindi ) #21

Ok so I’m going to eat more like what they say on the maintenance level of calorie consumption as well as, go down to two meals or so a day, correct? (And I’ll finish reading those articles) thank you guys!!!

(Chris W) #22

meal timing do what u feel is best. IF seems to happen to a lot of people, but not everyone. If I were to forgo any of your meals later in the day would be the last. If you don’t exercise in the morning then its not worth cutting breakfast.
I would recommend in a few weeks you try and do a one day fast and see how it goes, you should be solidly fat adapted by then.
You will have some mental issues to overcome, wanting to eat at certain times of the day.

(Mindi ) #23

Chris, I was s mess. My calcium used to be ridiculous until my gyno discovered that and said something is not right here. Turned out I had a non malignant tumor on my parathyroid. So had that removed. Supposed to be the size of a rice grain, mine was like a half dollar! So now calcium counts are fine.

(Chris W) #24

I think that is a different kind of test this is a dual beam CT if I understand it correctly it looks at your heart and arties.
I will find a link’

(Mindi ) #25

Sounds good. I’m not really hungry now that much which seems to be the norm from what I’ve read with eating fat and protein. So I’ll see if it becomes a problem with the IF ;-). It seems that trying to get more calories in 2 meals will be more of the hardship lol.

(Ron) #26

Try not to snack. If your getting hungry between meals or before bed just eat more during the meal (preferably fats).
Instead of chicken breast eat chicken thighs with skin and have a cup of melted butter to dip each bite of steak in before eating.:slightly_smiling_face:
You seem to have a pretty good handle on things only maybe read up more on BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) for more understanding of how the system works.
Your doing great! Don’t be afraid to ask.:smile:

(Chris W) #27

yes I would agree with that statement, 6-8 weeks were a little off for me, a funk if you will. I was learning how to get more fat in, and trying to cut the protien down some. To give you an idea on normal day I am consuming around 250g of fat at the moment, that is a lot of fat. I drink HWC(heavy whipping cream) like glasses of milk or make shakes. I am not the norm so don’t expect that but it can be done no worries.

This an engineer who is amazing, its a little technical but it shows you a lot about heart disease and CAC score. Ivor is very much LCHF(low carb High fat) its about 25 minutes.

(Chris W) #28

And its also why window feeding may work for you, eating between x and y you will see people say I am 18;6 or 20:4 these are feeding windows.

(Candy Lind) #29

Keep THIS LINK handy. :slight_smile:

And they’re right - eat more.

Try a different type of vinegar and you’ll save some carbs. Balsamic is made with grapes & naturally high in carbs, whether it’s the high-grade stuff or cheap.

(Mindi ) #30

First I just want to thank you all for help, links etc. I got shut off from responding (didn’t know first timers have a limit) :thinking:. Anyway did my first intermittent fasting yesterday. Went ok. Finished eating at 5:30 pm a big ribeye bone in steak and an avocado (small Haas). Went down a little today in weight. Now it’s 11:07 am and getting ready to eat my cheese omelette with bacon and cheddar cheese as well as my cold iced coffee, unsweetened with heavy cream. But, seriously thank YOU ALL. Marching forward reading although some things are so scientific I feel I need a doctorate in human digestion lol.