Weight loss stall after only a few weeks

(MelissaH) #23

Any kind of coffee is fine, there are also YouTube video’s of people make bullet proof coffee! Your welcome

(Amy Ramadan) #24

I have been doing that myself lately too!! Read up here earlier about a guy who lost twenty lbs after fasting for a while week!!! Wondering how much of that he gains back though, and honestly not sure I would last that long!!!

(Amy Ramadan) #25

Love la cache qui fit and baby bel!!! I eat cheese a lot and it doesn’t seem to affect me, but everyone is different!!

Thats why I’m at a loss…I haven’t made many changes from those first 10 days and almost all I was eating was cheese!

(Amy Ramadan) #27

It’s normal for some to lose a lot at first, as it’s mostly water weight and then see the loss slow down!! Don’t get discouraged, it’s all about find I g what works best for you!!

(MelissaH) #28

@Amy_R0922 When I first started keto I added cheese or some form of dairy to everything😊 who doesn’t love dairy right? Then I watched a video by Logan Sneed(a brain cancer survivor) who told his keto story and eliminated dairy due to inflammation. That started my research. Everyone is different for sure but if your feeling bloated with dairy consumption try cutting back and see how you feel. My moto is change things up all the time. Keep your body guessing.

(Bob M) #29

I’m someone who is anti-bullet proof coffee, except as a treat. It gives you a lot of fat for little to no nutrition. I think it’s wiser to skip breakfast all together, drink coffee black or with small amounts of fat in it.

I find these references to “inflammation” to be problematic. How does one tell one has inflammation? I’ve both gotten rid of dairy and kept dairy. Even when I keep dairy, I don’t eat/drink it that often. But I can’t really tell if I have extra “inflammation” when I have dairy and don’t even know how I would know I have extra inflammation. Weight is not a good predictor, as my weight is all over the place, plus or minus a few pounds pretty much every day, or at least the weeks I fast.

Contrast that with having hot sauce (or other peppers), where I have an instantaneous reaction, or eating real pizza, where I get chest congestion and allergies. But for dairy, I can’t determine anything from eating it. It may be that I have a reaction and don’t have the tools to figure that out. Or at least what I’m using doesn’t work

I do agree to keep your body guessing. Have you tried an all day fast (eating at dinner) or not eating an entire day?

I know since starting keto that when I have dairy I bloat like crazy and the scale doesn’t budge. Found out since that im intolerant to it :cry: the scale started moving again and no bloating since I cut it out completely. You could try cut it out and see how you get on :woman_shrugging:t2: Worked for me

(MelissaH) #31

@Dimplestilskin me too girl! Made bathroom trips easier too. Never hurts to try right?

Same! It’s so obvious looking back how my body just couldn’t handle it …though I loved it :pensive: I have to keep reminding myself when I go shopping now though…’PUT THE CREAM CHEESE BACK!!! You can’t have that anymore!!’

I do miss it :broken_heart:but it just isn’t worth it. It was holding me back big time!!

(MelissaH) #33

Just try to eat whole foods… you learn what food taste like when it’s not drowned in cheese​:joy::joy:

(Amy Ramadan) #34

Wow just realized what can auto correct did to the spelling lava by qui rit!!! Too funny

(Candy Lind) #35

More details, please! Age, height, weight, and an entire day of food in detail, including how food is cooked. Then, tell me how the calorie count compares to what you were doing pre-keto. If you don’t know, guess.

My first impression is “you’re not eating enough” because you said the word “snack.” I’ll talk about why after you expound on what you’re eating, and what you WERE eating.

NO MORE CALORIE TALK. Until you are MUCH farther along, you should not be worrying AT ALL about calories. CICO is bullshit. Read THIS POST and take it to heart.

With your lunch, can you cook or does it need to be packed? If you can cook, an easy way to increase your fat is to scramble some eggs with coconut oil and butter (or olive oil). If dairy is not a real issue, add a dollop of heavy whipping cream. The combination of eggs and the oil will not only add the fat, but give you some protein. Add the avocado, onion, and bacon crumbles, and that’s my typical breakfast (regardless of the time of day I eat it).

(Frank) #37

If 50-60g of fat is your “target” then I would have to assume you’re not eating enough in this phase of the process. 75% fat at 60 g = 540 cal. That only leaves 25% left of cal split between protein and carbs (180 cal) assuming you’re doing a 20% protein and 5% carb split on that 180 cal that’s 36g protein and 9g carbs for a grand total of 720 cal/day. That is waaaaaaayyyyyyy low unless my math is waaaaayyyyyy wrong.

I have the luxury of living close to home so I make my lunch everyday. 4 strips of bacon and an avocado. I never thought to make eggs with cream…good idea for adding fat!

(Running from stupidity) #39

It’s been over a week since this was posted, so I’m quoting it now :slight_smile:

(Candy Lind) #40

For some, it could just be a sluggish feeling, a runny nose, an asthma attack, or a return of an ache in a joint that had been feeling better. Inflammation in the gut can stall weight loss, even if you don’t really feel bad. Inflammation isn’t always easy to identify, but if you look at the symptoms of all the now common auto-immune diseases, and add in obesity, T2D, CVD & CHD, you have a pretty good list of what inflammation in the body can do.

Should be required reading:

KCKO

(Michelle isaacson) #42

Great Article!
I do not own a scale…it becomes my nemesis. :crazy_face: