Weekend Fast 3/9/18 to 3/12/18 Class of 2017

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #1

3/9/18

I post under Class of 2017 to track my progress and kind of treat it like a sub-blog.

This weekend I feel the pull for a 72 hour fast in prep for spring and my nutrition visit next Friday.

I’m going with daily water and tea. I’ll be sipping my keto-aid all day.

No weighing, just exercise and fun things I’ll be doing instead of shopping, prepping, cooking and eating food!

Anyone interested?

~Class of 2017 :star2:

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #2

3/10/19 36 hours

I love the fasting energy period–when you’re no longer experiencing a growling stomach. My body is warm, which must mean I’m burning fat. My head is clear and energy is just perfect. I feel excited to see what I can accomplish today.

Last night was a “Sister Night” with my two sisters. Our traditional dinner is Trader Joe’s Meal with protein, sauce and starchy carb.

The previous time we had a sister night, I just ate the protein without the sauce and no starch.

This time I ate nothing! So I think I better plan the next one and make them a keto dinner.

Let’s see what today’s fasting brings…
~Class of 2017!

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #3

3/10/18 PM Dodged a Bullet

48 hours in and I feel great. I went and worked out, grocery shopped for my sister and my feast, and prepped 18 pounds of ribeye for the smoker tomorrow!

But you know what the torture was? My sister and my daughter wanted Amy’s Drive-Thru delivered to their two homes.

Usually, I’m fine being around food while fasting. But MAN! I’ve been missing the Amy Double Veggie Burger with cheese and chili cheese fries. It was one of my favorite meals before going Keto–definitely think about how ill the food made me but how delicious it was to eat :grin:

So I drove 20 miles making two dinner deliveries. Got to the last one, dug out a spoon and tasted (literally a tiny dot) of the cheese sauce on the fries.

Guess what? It freaking tasted awful to me!

I’ve been consuming so many delicious non-processed foods that my palate has switched up. Immediately my brain was satisfied and I didn’t care about smelling the food anymore.

Wheeee! NSV :dark_sunglasses:

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4

3/11/18 60 hours

I decided to break my fast this am. Yesterday I was a puddle of emotions as I zipped energetically through my day. I was swinging from sentimental to normal to high.

It just seems to be a reflection of the fasting. So today I am ending the fast at 60 hours.

What did I learn this EF? Well, definitely listened to my body and my head. Certainly when I was hungry I was questioning why I would do an EF. I had to remind myself I’m trying to learn how to keep my metabolism guessing ala Megan Ramos podcast episode.

Psychologically I found myself combating my base food patterns of eating when not hungry.

So I pushed myself through last night and broke it with a little fat bomb.

And then I embarked on the culinary adventure of Belgian Pork Rind Waffles!

See you next month.

~Class of 2017 KCKO