Week two weight gain

Hi all, I had a great first week looking 6lbs (1lb of body fat). I am using an app to monitor my intake but half way through week two I have put on 2lbs!! Should I just wait it out?

(bulkbiker) #2

Yes… you have barely started on your journey … that weight could be water, food in transit or just your body playing with your mind. My weight can change by up to 4 pounds over the course of a day.

Thanks @MarkGossage appreciate that.

(bulkbiker) #4

Pleasure… weight loss is rarely (if ever) a linear process so it will go up and down look at the overall trend rather than the individual day numbers you’ll be fine. And don’t forget enjoy food!

So far it is pretty easy. Taking in loads of information, enjoying previously forbidden foods and intermittent fasting too. I’m just not very good at being patient!!

(Running from stupidity) #6

I wrote this week or so ago, it might be worth a read. A month on keto and you haven't lost 30kg? Chill out, it's cool

(Chris) #7

See here:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

@Loulou2 Since you are a woman, your experience is going to be more variable and will depend on where you are in your hormonal life (there are lots of threads about keto and your period on these forums, by the way; a quick search should reveal quite a few). We generally advise women, for various reasons, to go more by their clothing size than by their weight on the scale.

As long as you are keeping your carbohydrate low enough and giving your body enough calories (which often involves eating more fat than people are comfortable with), it will be able and willing to part with your excess stored fat, along with whatever fat you eat. It is carbohydrate that gets stored as fat; in the absence of carbohydrate, fat in the diet gets used for energy.

Thank you :blush: