We can do this!

conversationstarters

https://www.northcarolinahealthnews.org/2018/08/24/tick-borne-meat-allergy-has-risen-in-north-carolina/

looks like I will be eating more chicken. Too bad, but I’ve been living with hives for the past 2 years. Willing to give up red meat to get better.

That’s good. Have you try seafood.

Hello everyone I apologize about being absent. But been really busy. How is everyone doing are we on track.

(Shanda) #44

Back on track today after a couple relapses. Nothing too major. Still confident that I can keep going! No weight loss to speak of in the last week or so but obvious improvements in energy and hunger levels. Noticed a drastic reduction in energy after going over my 20g carb limit so lots of motivation there to stay strong.

Here is my weight only a couple of pounds.

NICE…

Im bouncing off my all time recent low of 199.8. Went a bit crazy today and really limited my calories… Trying to bust my plateau. looking forward to weigh in tomorrow.

(Shanda) #47

Tried a new dish tonight courtesy of my SO.
Burger with mushroom bun and fried egg and cheese with a side of bacon. Yum Yum Yum

that burger looks awesome! hit 198.6 on the scales this morning! hopefully broke my plateau.

Just a quick background- I started keto October 20th. start weight was 210. I’m down 12 lbs since then. Thats a long time for me to be dieting for the limited results I’ve gotten. Ive been super strict, and while I would like to see the weight drop faster, I feel pretty darn good. Im ok losing a couple lbs a month. goal weight is 180.

This is cross-posted from my accountability journal post:
OK I was off Saturday thru Wednesday. In the past such an extended weekend/vacation would have caused me trouble because I would think of it as “festive” and wanted a “break” from how i’m eating. This month (and this past weekend especially) is the first time I really haven’t had that issue. I feel like a switch has been thrown in my brain. I’m not looking ahead to the day when I don’t eat like this. This is it. So, it has to work on work days and non-work days. In all kinds of weather. At restaurants and parties and home. This is it. I am someone who eats low-carb in order to keep my insulin levels under control, to keep them from preventing me from metabolizing fat, and to control my hunger so I can fast in order to heal my metabolic derangement. I’m in. I’M IN. I haven’t been great about posting daily, but honestly every day is pretty much the same. Living, eating low carb. It feels great.

(Shanda) #50

Good for you. Great job and great mentality!

(Daisy) #51

Have really decided to get firmly back on track as of yesterday. Back to tracking my food, trying to exercise more, increased water intake. I had gained back up to 150 in starting yesterday, but was 148 this morning. Sticking to it this time!

(Shanda) #52

You’ve got this!

Have you actually not lost any inches at all? None of your clothes have gotten any looser? Your face doesn’t look any different?

all kinds of gains. losing fat. swimming in clothes…

So, not limited results then, it seems.

still at 198.7 Fit into my skinny jeans for the first time in a long time. My clothes are fitting beautifully on me. Lots of weight lost in my leg/thigh area.

Had an IPA last night, and was still at my same weight. shooting for 195 by monday!

Well kids, had my diet on lock today. 2 BP coffees, handfull of almonds, 1/2 a rotissarie chicken, and a shot of MCT oil. 2 rum and limes for dinner… 1600 cal total, no solid food until 2pm. lets see where the scale falls tomorrow…
non scale gains? I can feel my rib cage again. individual ribs. dealing with a cold, but ignoring it. not sure I can do a lot of MCT… I get the trots on it…

197.0 on the dot! ready to shrink some more…

(Daisy) #59

Had a good few days. Still not back to being fat adapted, so still eating 3 meals a day, but good solid keto meals. 147.8 this morning, so down about 3 lbs in 3 days. Gotten in several small exercises in the past 3 days also. Doing a lot of housework today, so don’t know what all actual exercise I’ll get in, but going to try to squeeze a few in here and there!

Good job keep up the good work. Slowly but surely. We can do this.