Was told i am a bad example!

(Adam Sheather) #82

Most likely some sort of wacky religious objection similar to boiling a kid in it’s mother’s milk. I too am sometimes perverse & eat “mother & children”, ie chicken with eggs :wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #83

April, I have been reading this thread again, and that doctor was right: you are such a bad, BAD example! :rofl::rofl:

Keep up the good work!!! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

(Charles Wood) #84

That’s like me going to the doctor and them telling me I need insulin because I’ve been diabetic so long…

I wanna hand them about 3 books with real science in them and then ask “do you want fries with that?!”

may be it was a lame pickup line :smiley:

my lunch is no one’s business

:rofl:

Id seriously show up for next lunch time with a huge pile of crispy bacon and a block of butter and sit there cutting slabs of butter, placing them on bacon slices and slowly nomming them while staring at him in a “i dare you to say something “ kinda way…:smiling_imp:

(April Harkness) #88

I sat next to them with a bowl of sardines topped with butter today. :wink:

(BuckRimfire) #89

I had two tins of sardines for lunch for the first time in a long time a couple of days ago. Gotta stock up and do that more often!

Except, six tins is more like what I really find to be a satisfying lunch. :frowning: If followed by a few ounces each of cheese, olives and walnuts.

Yikes. I’ve been fasting for 24 h and I’m looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #90

You would have “wanted to ask” ?

I would have straight up asked ! Especially if I were in April’s shape, or the shape I was in before my back injury.
Don’t even question my eating if I’m in obviously better shape than you are !

(Jim Lynn) #91

I now throw in 2 twomad days bc i was continuing to drop weight and for social purposes( i know you all feel sorry to know that i now have a hard time with keeping weight on! If someone would have told this to me last year that this would be a problem, i would not have believed them ). Stick to carnivore still or “cheat” with strict keto on those two days. Lol. I now find that a bit funny. My " cheat days" are strict keto days. And they feel like a splurge. spinach! Yes!

Brilliant, same here, I went for a tilt table test as I have orthostatic intollerance, have always also had a very low BP. Cardiologist, in consultation afterwards, started to ask about diet and as soon as I mentioned keto including the necessary extra salts he said, “Wow, I don’t get many patients who tell me that; fantastic, no need to make any changes!” There are some out there with understanding! :+1:

Hahahaha, that would be a brilliant come back :rofl:

(Diane) #94

Awesome!

:+1:t2::+1:t2:

(traci simpson) #95

I’m having those! what’s the correlation?

(Bob M) #96

Ok, but that’s a bit…smelly. Don’t get me wrong, I love sardines, but even I try to go somewhere else (even at home) when I eat them.

(Bob M) #97

You should get those checked out. I had heart palpitations (which I did not even know about, randomly caught at a yearly physical), and was diagnosed with heart failure.

I am NOT trying to scare you, as the chances are that yours are related to salt or other intake (magnesium, usually). But don’t take these symptoms lightly.

(traci simpson) #98

I’ve been and got an echo, ultrasound done. I pick up a heart monitor on the 22nd.

(Marianne) #99

I’m sorry; I don’t remember the context of when I posted this, however, I was having palpitations along with A-fib and had started to see a cardiologist probably two years ago. I had the 24-hour heart monitors and a one-month one as well (Zio). The first course of treatment is to take medication. After a long while when that wasn’t getting the desired effect, I had an ablation in January 2019. That seemed to take care of it, although I wonder now if keto would have helped. I didn’t start that until February, a month after the ablation.

FYI, if they do prescribe meds for you at first, just watch for side effects. I didn’t tolerate metoprolol well and that seemed to make my palpitations worse.

(traci simpson) #100

I don’t want meds! UGH

(Bob M) #101

The med they would (likely) give you is a beta blocker. It’s their go-to med, as it limits the speed at which the heart beats and also supposedly “relaxes” the heart (as magnesium is also supposed to do).

I find the beta blockers do CAUSE arrhythmias, at least around when you take them. For me, however, I cannot convince my cardiologist to let me off them.

Keto will help. There are new studies indicating that the heart likes ketones.