Was told i am a bad example!

(Jane) #61

AFAIK Stubbs does not make a sugar-free BBQ sauce. The bottle in her picture looks similar to Stubbs (my favorite BBQ sauce, btw) but is Hughes brand.

(April Harkness) #62

eeekā€¦it wasnā€™t demanding but it was show-offy. I am ok with it though. it is a public forum. What irritated me was him tellling me to add sardines. (anyone who has seen my past posts may have saw the post about me mentioning I eat sardines DAILY.). and if I want to eat some damn chicken. I will.

(April Harkness) #63

He didnā€™t. That particular poster mentioned adding sardines to my meal. So he was giving ME Advice.

(April Harkness) #64

I do LOVE vegetables. I am part ilocano after all and one of my fav dishesā€¦bar none is Pinakbet. But I have always had bad bloating with veggies. I am 100% carnivore Mon-Fri. On weekends I do have veggies , a bit of fruit and avocados. But the bloat was pretty bad with me. I live with it though, when eating foods like pinakbet, sinigang , etc. Other than thatā€¦ Iā€™m carnivore

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #65

Of course! I think we are merely pointing out that several prominent carnivores, Amber Oā€™Hearn, Georgia Ede, and Shawn Baker among them, were forced into that way of eating by health problems, or so I understand. Amber and Georgia have both said in talks that they would love to eat plants, if they could. I met Shawn at Ketofest, and he gives the impression that he really enjoys eating only meat. He sure eats enough of it, lol!

From an evolutionary perspective, that doesnā€™t seem all that likely. The best estimates indicate that while our ancestors might have eaten some amount of plant food, it wasnā€™t all that much, so meat canā€™t possibly have bad consequences for very many people. Meat is what we were literally bred to eat.

Not only that, but studies of Egyptian mummies show that they ate a high proportion of plant foods in their diet, and suffered for it, and apparently an anthropologist can tell from a glance at a skeleton whether the culture it came from was hunter-gatherers or agriculturalists. Mike Eades has a fascinating lecture on this topic, which is available in several versions on YouTube.

Also, Ted Naimanā€™s enthusiasm for protein notwithstanding, most carnivores eat a lot of fat. The diet doesnā€™t have to be all that high in protein. There was an incident during the Stefansson experiment, when he and Andersen were convinced to try eating less fat, and they felt awful. But a little fat set them to rights again. In his retirement years, Stefansson apparently liked to joke that it was lucky for him that everyone else in his little New Hampshire village was afraid of fat, because it meant the butcher gave it all to him, really cheap!

(Cristian Lopez) #66

I didnā€™t know you were carnivore since you were using the sauce, sorry but this is the first time Iā€™ve seen you post so I didnā€™t have any prior knowledge of you eating sardines or being carnivore. Iā€™m really sorry if I came off bossy! Thatā€™s not who I am, I seek answers, I push myself to not be biased, I understand everyone is different. I put ā€œsuggestā€ 3x to imply they were only suggestions and not demands or even just inform you with some constructive feedback. I even do carnivore days of eating once a week, and you shouldnā€™t take offense from anyone. Have some pride to your beliefs because if people tell you that what your doing is wrong than there probably jealous that you found something that works for you. When I spoke with Dr Kendberry at ketocon he told me this!

(Robert C) #67

I am not saying it hasnā€™t dramatically helped some people.

My point was that this has moved into the realm of the popular so, people without any strong need to avoid vegetables are just trying it. Some are doing it on grassfed beef and some are going with growth hormone and antibiotic laden industrially farmed meats (producing types of meat never eaten by humans before). Some are Ribeye centric and other are at least trying to be more nose to tail (as our ancestors likely ate).

I tend to assume (but do not know) that most people on Carnivore are looking for the cheapest cuts of fatty meat (therefore least like what our ancestors ate) and are focused on muscle meat (missing out on the higher fat and nutritional variety of the different organ meats).

Then theyā€™re told to ā€œeat meat like it is your jobā€ - likely eating way more than was possible by our ancestors.

I would not be surprised at all to find people hunting for the rock-bottom price of just muscle meat having problems in the long run (may need to supplement omega 3 from fish oil, may be getting too much iron etc.).

(Susan) #68

I wish they could all see your youtube videos of you lifting and your interviews and talks!! We are all more mad at them then you.

(April Harkness) #69

I also turned carnivore due to being a food addict and binger. SO much so, I have been hospitilized for it. Given psych meds for it. Did I come to it because of other ā€œphysicalā€ health problems I had? No, because I actually did not relate my physical problems to DIET! Crazy, now that I look back at it. I.e. my psoriasis went away completely. My joint pain went away. etc. But even standard ketoā€¦ I could overeat. Carnivore has turned on my satiety signal. It was awful awful to sit in a closet hiding from people while I overate and then vomitied. I donā€™t do that on carnivore. Even eating a few more fruits , I can feel that binge feeling start to fire. Not nearly as much with processed carbs. But I can feel it. So carnivore is just safer for me. Maybe when my satiety signal is used to turning on I can eat more veggies and fruits other than the weekend. Until themā€¦I will eat my meat.

Or maybe challenge him to a coronary calcium score test. :rofl:

I think the proper response would have been either ā€œWell, being an bad example is better than being rude,ā€ or ā€œAnd stuffing your face with carbohydrate junk food is a good example?ā€

(BuckRimfire) #72

Show him this picture:
https://tinyurl.com/y5nqmb77

(Ken) #73

You should take a mound of bacon for Lunch just to see their reactions. How about a bacon bowl filled with meat and fat?

They just want ur chicken for themselvesā€¦

(Marianne) #75

Dam, Girl, you are ripped - and so healthy looking! Iā€™d kill for that body! I hope you have lunch next to them wearing a sleeveless shirt to show off your arms. You could probably kick this doctorā€™s wieny ass.

:muscle:

(Marianne) #76

Lucky you! Thatā€™s a unicorn.

(Marianne) #77

Ha, ha!!!

Better idea - letā€™s all go kick his ass! We could do a gauntlet like in ā€œAirplaneā€. @DKElisaga, you can bring your dog!

:laughing:

(Jim Lynn) #78

Well how will the sad situation ever change if we donā€™t speak up, especially when they try to smear us with their ignorance. Iā€™m preparing for an appt with my (better than most) doc who will try to put me on statins after eeing my 2500+ ldl-p. First Iā€™ll have to educate him on why the numbers were so high (4 day water fast and months of rapid weight loss just before the NMR test). Then Iā€™ll respectfully demand a CAC or CITM instead of just lipid tests as Iā€™m sooo tired (at 70 yrs old) of listening and worrying as it really ramps down my quality of life.
Iā€™m like 20 lbs away from my goal and know how great i feel to have walked away from the other 50 lbs. Iā€™m thrilled at how you must feel after 111 lbs.
Please donā€™t stand down. The world is worth saving though I sometimes doubt that myself.

(Jim Lynn) #79

Youā€™re so funny.

(Jim Lynn) #80

I love reading your posts, this one particularly.
Regarding your inspiring 111 lb loss, did you have a fav meal composition? How long OMAD?
Doesnā€™t seem like you had many plateau stalls given the short time for the loss.
Any fav strategies to your success.
Oops. Iā€™m being told to reply to several posts at once. Better next time.
Thanks

(April Harkness) #81

@Huey49 I intermittent fasted b4 keto actually. So if ( if you count 12:12) back in jan of 2018. Gradually ramping to 16:8 by June of 2018. ( oh and i failed twice trying low carb. Prior to all this.) Low carb in March. Keto in may of 2018. Food composition has changed as i went low carb to dirty keto to standard keto, to strict keto and then to carnivore and eventually omad. I now throw in 2 twomad days bc i was continuing to drop weight and for social purposes( i know you all feel sorry to know that i now have a hard time with keeping weight on! If someone would have told this to me last year that this would be a problem, i would not have believed them ). Stick to carnivore still or ā€œcheatā€ with strict keto on those two days. Lol. I now find that a bit funny. My " cheat days" are strict keto days. And they feel like a splurge. spinach! Yes!