Was told i am a bad example!

(April Harkness) #1

Eating my carnivore omad meal of a 1/2 of a rotisserrie chicken, 1 bratwurst sausage and a 3 egg with cheese omelet in the hospital cafeteria. Looks like alot of food( because it is for omad). A group of doctors are in a meeting at another table. One comes over to me and tells me i am setting a bad example!!! I do not even know this doctor. Around me are other medical staff, patients , etc, eating fastfood. And he hones in on me!!!

(CharleyD) #2

Looks about right to me!

(Bob M) #3

Not bad. It’s a nice dinner.

Did you happen to ask him why he thinks you’re setting a bad example?

(Liz) #4

Obviously not one of the few keto Dr’s around :joy::joy:

(CharleyD) #5

Or one with any self-awareness at all! The few that do gain that valuable emotional intelligence seem to be few and far between, see: Attia, Berry.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #6

Be alert. Some people not only have opinions but work hard to impose them on others. Does this person have any influence, either official or unofficial, with the people who employ you?

(April Harkness) #7

He does not know me or what dept I work, and seems to be a young resident. I am guessing…cardiology.

(Liz) #8

Good point, very sad but true :confused:

(Liz) #9

Perhaps if you see him again you could show him some test results and explain why you were eating that way…ah but then he would need to be open minded!

(April Harkness) #10

about those test results… I am a lean masshyper responder. So if he sees my ldl numbers he will probably think I am on the brink of death. I mean, I am just soooo unhealthy in this pic…

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #11

Hopefully nothing comes of it, other than he walked away with an ignorant attitude.

(CharleyD) #12

Wouldn’t that be RICH!

(Susan) #13

You look awesome; April. I am sure that you are way healthier than that doctor, and probably know a lot more about nutrition and health than he does too!! We all think you are awesome, don’t pay any attention to him, grrr, Hugs to you =).

(Liz) #14

My guess is that he looked at you and was jealous to see you eating such delicious food and looking so good!
It is frustrating that keto is not given more support by mainstream Dr’s though. I am lucky that my Dr is open minded enough to accept that I have lost weight and my cholesterol is low, so that while she does not endorse it she can see it working for me…I will work on her!!

(Edith) #15

When I was having heart palpitations last year, I went to see a cardiologist. I told her I was eating keto. She was totally fine with it. I was very pleasantly surprised.

(Robert C) #16

I wouldn’t be too hard on the doctor.

With the awesome shape you are in and the food intake witnessed - you may have been mistaken (consciously or unconsciously) for a binge-and-purge fitness model type.

(April Harkness) #17

BTW… Stan’s Donuts is here on the hospital campus, Au Bon Pain, Burrito Beach. Pizza Studio, Subway,etc…all a few steps away from where I was eating. GRR.

(April Harkness) #18

You are probably right. I am thinking he thinks I am a binger(true I was.But I only binged in secret on cakes, cookies, frosting,etc. For OMad this is it. Feel so full as if I can’t eat till tomorrow. Which is also true! I really wanted to get a butter coffee after. Usually I have a butter coffee to end my meal instead of before… but today I had to pass. Too full.)

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #19

April you look marvelous. Gosh what ignorance. But that is expected unfortunately.

(Jeff S) #20

I would have wanted to ask: “How many carbs do YOU eat on a daily basis? So who’s setting a bad example?”