Was told i am a bad example!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #41
Tut, tut, tut…

(Wendy) #42

Sounds Like Northwestern.

(Jane) #43

Sounds like he is more concerned about appearances than reality. I bet he hits McDonalds on the way home from the hospital when nobody is looking!

:rofl:

(Allie) #44

Keep doing what you’re doing :slight_smile:

Wow. That’s really annoying (also presumptuous- and wrong, obviously…)

(Ellen ) #46

Hi April. You’re an inspiration to me…with your fitness and weight loss. Yesterday I tried eating carnivore. I love meat. Had eggs, cheese, and bacon for breakfast. Lunch a Rib Eye. Dinner another Rib Eye. That’s it! Last night I didn’t sleep well, tossing and turning. This morning I feel like a brick and my head is foggy. When I stepped on the scale I gained 1.5lbs. The food was great yesterday but feel like crap today. Any advice from you would be appreciated. Thanks for being a great example for me.

(Bob M) #47

But you are a know-it-all, when in reality, you think you know it all, but you don’t. You’re telling someone who is carnivore to eat plants for no good reasons. The reason people become carnivores is BECAUSE they found plants bad for them. You can postulate and theorize all you want, but if someone has an issue with plants, they have an issue with plants.

Moreover, the thread was about someone getting chastised for their eating. I honestly don’t care want you eat, but to come into a thread and tell them to eat something they don’t normally eat is not right. You BELIEVE what you’re saying is true, but you don’t KNOW it.

As such, you’re no better than vegans who cite crappy epi studies to “prove” their point, while ignoring all other evidence.

In short, you need to stop butting in and telling people what to do.

(April Harkness) #48

Don’t feel like u have to copy me. I eat carnivore but i also do omad…( i dont eat three times a day). I am able to eat one prime rib a day, maybe two, but two is pushing it for me… I know bc i tried. I ate 1/2 of a rotisserie chicken but its not as filling to me as prime rib…thus why i can eat 1/2 of a whole chicken and just one prime rib. Plus i couldnt repeat the above pictured meal two additional times. No way. Had my omad at 2pm. Its 8 am and still full. With liver i can eat 4 to 6 ozs with some eggs fried in coconut oil , maybe a side of fish. Maybe a side of fish bc liver just is so filling to me)! Something about organ meats just fills me up quickly. Every time i have organ meat on the menu i know it will automatically be a low cal day. Not bc i do it purposefully. My body just shuts down my appetite. I.e. i had beef heart not long ago. I could barely finish my eggs that i cooked to go with it ) and im done for the day. Do what feels good for u. I just could not eat 3 times a day with carnivore even it it was yummy prime rib! Heck on standard keto my appetite went down to two meals and carnivore to one. I feel light. Sleep good. Etc

(Ellen ) #49

I do feel like I’ll never eat again right now. That’s probably a good thing. Thanks. And keep showing us how great this woe is.

(Bob M) #50

One possibility for this is the PUFAs cause your fat cells to become insulin sensitive, meaning they cause you to be hungrier. This is the whole Protons theory on Hyperlipid. However, if you follow Amber O’Hearn and Gabor Erdosi on Twitter, they got into a discussion of this and Gabor thinks this might be overridden by other effects. Hyperlipid (Peter) is at the cellular level, while Gabor does research at the whole-body/digestive tract level. I believe Amber was trying to set up a test using chicken fat or beef fat to see how this affected her appetite.

Now, is any of this true? I have been anti-PUFA since reading the Protons thread. However, the data does not really exist, especially given the low carb/keto context and particularly the carnivore context, to prove this one way or the other. The problem is that carnivore is “out there”. Very few (no?) studies have been done using carnivores in this context. Keto is easier, as if you eat bacon, dark meat chicken with skin, avocado, almonds, etc., you can set up a high PUFA diet. Is this one reason (some) people transferring from keto to carnivore experience a benefit? Even if you’re eating chicken, assuming you don’t live exclusively on chicken, you’ll likely not have a huge effect by the amount of PUFAs you’re taking in (though, again, no one knows). The improvement could also come from the lack of plants. :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway, my blunch (don’t eat bfast) will be 6 eggs, 6 ounces ground beef, 1 slice cheese (latter two from hamburger), some pulled pork, blue cheese and some olives (I’m not 100% carnivore, just close). I will eat two meals today. I think most people who saw me eat this would be slightly freaked out. But they should keep their opinions to themselves, as I do when I see them eating carbage.

(Marianne) #51

I find that very sad. I’m so sorry.

Just what we need to feel - more shame about food. I hope he didn’t discourage you or make you feel like becoming a closet eater.

:heart:

(Ellen ) #52

I do agree with Bob. When I told my daughter what this doctor said to you she was so mad, saying who the hell is he to talk to her like that. Haven’t seen her that mad in awhile. Lol

(April Harkness) #53

No shame here. Unlike carbs…my huge omad carnivore meal gives me abs like this! Will not eat in a closet. I used to do that binging on carbs. I will actually eat right next to those docs this afternoon. Again.

(April Harkness) #54

I heard that about chicken too. I try to eat more liver and beef…and trying to limit chicken to once or twice a week now. I love it…just not as filling and def believe the reasons u stated. But i do crave it and plan to make some low carb chicken adobo next week! Bettee to indulge in a craving of chicken than cake! But liver and sardines (which i have everyday, not bc ketokid suggested it( been eating sardines way before keto) and possibly b4 he was born) are on menu tomorrow!

(Todd Allen) #55

Since when is it “butting in” to offer ones thoughts in a public forum? And it was done in a friendlier tone, not at all demanding…

(Ellen ) #56

I think he meant the doctor who walked up to someone he didn’t know and comment on her meal choice. If his concerns were genuine he would have had an open conversation about food.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #57

Showoff! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

(John) #58

That is also how I interpreted the comment. Advice to that doctor, not to anyone posting in this thread.

I actually had someone comment on my meal choice last night- the bartender at the restaurant I ate at. He said “that looks like a really healthy meal”.

I had their full-sized house salad, minus croutons, with blue cheese dressing (mixed lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon) with blackened salmon and broccoli with parmesan cheese and butter. It was a lot of food, and I ate every bit of it, and loved it.

I am sure the “healthy meal” comment was based on the salad and broccoli, and to be honest pretty much anyone other than a vegan would say “oh yes - fish, salad, and broccoli - heart healthy meal.” But that’s the thing - a well formulated ketogenic diet IS a healthy diet, with a mix of meats and protein sources, vegetables, and fats.

Now the day before, when I had a big lunch of barbecued beef brisket, cole slaw, and green beans, perhaps someone looking at those big slabs of fatty beef would not have made the same comment, but it was still a healthy meal, and very normal-looking to the casual observer. Just no bread.

(BuckRimfire) #59

When you see him again, you should definitely challenge that douche to meet you in the gym!

And in the blood lab. Your triglyceride/HDL ratio can probably kick his ass, too.

(Robert C) #60

This is simply incorrect. Other reasons include:

• Weight loss
  • Personal preference - i.e. disliking vegetables
  • Comparatively easy to implement
  • Popular right now
  • They like Ribeye
  • Immediate short term results

There are many reasons why people without a distressing autoimmune disorder or even any particular problems with non-Carnivore foods might try this diet.

The exact same thing can be said or your statements.

We may discover a gene that predisposes some percentage of the population to accelerated tumor growth on a very high protein diet. If so, people would want to check their 23AndMe genetic test results before deciding on Carnivore.

Right now, people starting Carnivore for the reasons listed above (i.e. NOT BECAUSE “they found plants bad for them”) are betting that no such gene (or any other health problem of a very restrictive diet) exists.

So, they’re taking a risk - potentially without benefit.