Wanted recipe for Dairy free dip for pork rinds

I have a bag of pork rinds that want to be dipped into something. I’m dairy free, soy free, allergic to onions and peppers and don’t have any avocados. I know it’s a tall order but is there something I can make to make these pork rinds happy?

(Karen) #2

Mayo, chopped pickles, chopped beef. Sour cream with it is better but should work.

K it

Sour cream sounds Great! Lol I usually use sour cream only but trying to avoid. I’ll give the other ingredients a try when I have ground beef defrosted. I was trying to think of how to use mayo. Last week I did kippered herring and mayo which was good but a meal not an after meal snack…,

(Karen) #4

So Midwestern

K

(Steve) #5

If you’re allergic to peppers does that also mean that you’re allergic to the spices that are pepper related?

(cayenne, chili powders, paprika).

If not, you could make up a cajun or mexican seasoning to flavour your mayo.

I had a very bad experience with cayenne powder in hot chocolate once. It came close to terrifying for me and my daughter, who was 3 or 4, with me at the time and had to call her dad for help. So, I avoid all hot pepper types, so yes no cayenne, chili powder, or paprika. I have had sweet peppers since but have not eaten them in 2.5 years and I’m actually afraid to try them. Lol

(Steve) #7

Food allergies aren’t something you want to mess around with. They tend to get more severe with each encounter - not worth the gamble. Hopefully one day they figure out a way to treat them!!

(Edith) #8

You can make a homemade ranch dressing that is dairy free. I’ve seen a recipe for it by Maria Emmerich and also one by Leanne Vogel. Her website is called Healthful Pursuit. Her recipe uses mayo and coconut milk with some herbs. It is very tasty and would probably taste good with pork rinds.

So I made something up on my own: mayo,coconut milk, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning…it was okay but I used salted garlic powder so it was too salty (i don’t know how to measure when cooking, lol) I then noticed some still warm bacon grease and added that, which improved the palatability and flavor. It’s no sour cream but it worked.

How are you with horseradish? That could be a way to add heat without chillis.

Dietdoctor has a fab recipe where you add wasabi to mayo. It’s great. I’ve also tried it with normal horseradish, and that is lovely too.

(Ken) #11

Save the fat from roasting meat, it’s usually already seasoned that way. Pour the melted fat into a container and store in the fridge. Smear some of that on each pork rind piece as you eat It. Nothing like “Fat with Fat Sauce”.

(KCKO, KCFO) #12

Dump Ranch Dressing is here, the black pepper can be omitted and you use whatever herbs you can tolerate.

https://www.wholelifechallenge.com/dump-ranch-how-to-make-a-healthy-easy-dip-and-dressing/

I didn’t love the mayo based recipe texture. I may try coconut milk sour cream. And next time probably wait until I have an avocado handy or some goat cheese.

(Kimberly ) #14

Late to the party but Iove Keto Babaganoush! especially with crudites and pork rinds

roasted eggplant is actually my favourite dairy replacement in savoury strong flavoured recipes

Oh wow, I love babaganoush. I didn’t think about that because I wasn’t able to eat nightshade for the past 2.5 years. I’ve been able to eat tomatoes so I’ll try this when I finish my fast. Thanks!!!

(Karen) #16

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Yum