Wanted: Menu Ideas For Hosting a Full-On Keto Thanksgiving!

(Sophie) #1

I’ve incorporated a few keto friendly dishes into our Thanksgiving meal over the years but never done a full-on Keto Thanksgiving. For sure I’m doing braised brussel sprouts with bacon & thyme and loaded cauliflower, but what else can I include besides the turkey of course? Oh, deviled eggs, d’uh! I can do giblet gravy using Xanthan gum for thickener, but what else? Any keto stuffing recipes out there?

Thanksgiving Day
(Patrick Belair) #2

You might find inspiration in this Diet Doctor post from last year.

(Erin Macfarland ) #3

Wow!! This is excellent!! Thank you!

(Jacob Wagner) #4

–Jacob

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Green Beans Almandine are keto. Brown the almonds in butter, add some minced garlic. Add to steamed green beans. Just for good measure, toss some bacon bits in with them.

(Sophie) #6

Thank you! I’ll give it a try because I’ve over the casserole with the can of soup and fried onions! :nauseated_face:

(Nancy ) #7

There are a number of Keto green bean casserole recipes out there. I just google searched them. Some include cream cheese and cheddar. I was asked to bring the green bean casserole to the family gathering and I’m the only Ketonian! Still deciding which one I’m going to try. Also was asked to bring mashed potatoes. Debating bringing mashed cauliflower instead. Saw Brenda Zorns recipe. Have never made it, so I might have to do a small trial batch today.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #8

@nancyrsacape I made this green bean casserole last year and all the carb burners loved it. I used sharp white cheddar, 1/2 pound bacon, and kept the beans on the firm side. I’m making it again this year. It’s a bit more complicated than most keto green bean casseroles, it’s worth it!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #9

I’m trying a number of recipes out of Carrie Brown’s Keto for the Holidays cookbook, including the cranberry relish and jelly, sausage pecan stuffing, and pumpkin pie squares

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #10

I’m wrapping brussel sprouts with bacon and baking until crispy. My Hubby loves sprouts, it’s the only way I will eat the vile weed :astonished:

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

Green beans and asparagus are both delicious wrapped in bacon and rosted in the oven. I like to parboil the bacon to make it more pliable when wrapping veggies or steaks. Had not thought of doing brussel sprouts wrapped I have always just chopped the bacon and sprinkled that on top. Love sprouts and bacon together.

(Sophie) #12

How can you be so mean to those little baby cabbages?! :laughing:

(Ethan) #13

Brussel sprouts deep fried in avocado oil and slices of trumpet mushrooms!

(Stephanie Tebbs) #14

My family is having a normal carbage Thanksgiving dinner but I get to bring a few dishes.

I am bring pork rind stuffing that Brenda Zorn shared in the recent Thanksgiving podcast.

I am making Keto “Sweet Potato” Casserole

and a caramel cheesecake for Dessert (omitting the apple flavoring because my family isn’t a fan)

Good Dees has a great low carb ‘cornbread’ mix. It’s used in this recipe. https://www.advantagemeals.com/recipe/keto-stuffing/

(Mike W.) #16

Seems an appropriate time of year to revive this topic. We’re doing deviled eggs, Brussels au gratin, Keto green bean casserole, bacon truffle cauliflower mash, giblet gravy made with HWC, and a Keto pumpkin pie :heart_eyes:

(Sophie) #17

I ended up doing this recipe from Wes last year for Thanksgiving and it turned out so good, I did it again for Christmas! Truly Phenom!!!