Want to eat Cake for a Celebration

I have a thing coming up in about 2 weeks where celebrating with cake will be likely.

If I mix up some eggs with almond milk, almond flour, baking soda/raising agent and a bit of cream-Maybe some double cream whipped up with vanilla extract to make a cream center.

Thats keto right? Especially if I eat the whole thing as a meal instead of in addition to my meals that day.

(I also like eggy, denser/less fluffy cake anyway so)

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

There are plenty of keto friendly cake recipes and yes just enjoy the day / celebration. Keto treats aren’t something to make a habit of always eating, but I wouldn’t deprive myself for a special occasion.

It’s your diet, your decisions. To me keto is when I am in ketosis and I have some personal restrictions as well. If my body complains, that’s no good. But if I want cake, I eat cake. I made some nice ones on keto, it’s pretty easy, I think (I had to make my own recipes as I don’t use almond flour and many other things, have my own taste and so on) . Your idea easily may work, eggs are already a good start, I always loved sponge cake :smiley: I always whip the eggs and don’t use baking soda or similar stuff unless I use only yolks. Very eggy cakes raise due to the eggs and mine are very eggy. But some raising agent doesn’t hurt, of course (unless there is too much of it, I am sensitive to its taste). I just know it isn’t needed when I use my recipes.

('Jackie P') #4

A friend made this for dessert when I went for dinner. I thought it was a lovely gesture and fabulous for a special occassion😋

(Rebecca ) #5

I make a “Keto Mug Cake” that is easy, quick and single serve for a special occasion. There are many options on different Ketogenic Sites.

(Retta Stephenson) #6

It’s not what we do once in a while, it’s what we do on a consistent basis that will make the impact on our health.

I’ve been on LCHF then Keto for a few years now, and make allowances for “special occasions” with Keto friendly treats. Yet have still lost 215 lbs. It’s totally doable. Some people can’t, they say it throws them off. For them, it’s all or nothing, and that is okay. Others lose the taste for it altogether. That’s fine, too. But for some of us, it’s fine. To each their own! :grin: :plate_with_cutlery:

For our 42nd wedding anniversary my Hubster made an awesome sugar free chocolate cheesecake! That was dear of him, since he is still only partially low carb (not keto). We fully enjoyed it, and the rest went into the freezer.

If it works for you, then I hope you totally enjoy your special occasion, and have a lovely day! :rose::blossom::cherry_blossom::bacon:

There’s plenty of keto pancake recipes on this forums. Maybe make a stacked crepe cake with cream inbetween the layers. Then a keto friendly chocolate sauce drizzled over it.

Here’s a keto tiramisu crepe cake recipe- https://www.quartoknows.com/blog/quartocooks/tiramisu-crepe-cake

And a Low Carb Red Velvet crepe cake- https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/low-carb-red-velvet-crepe-cake-2/

And some more- http://happyketo.com/keto-crepe-cake-strawberries-mille-crepe/
https://www.carolinesketokitchen.com/2017/03/low-carb-chocolate-crepe-cake.html

(Windmill Tilter) #8

Lot’s of ways to look at it, but if non-keto people will be in the majority, my approach would be to just serve a normal cake.

If you’ve been eating keto for several months and are well fat adapted, have a small slice and enjoy it. You’ll likely be back in ketosis by morning. We needn’t be monks.

If you’re brand new to keto and still geting fat adapted, make a normal cake, and don’t eat any. Although I am strict keto myself, most of the cooking I do for my family is not keto and I don’t eat it. We needn’t inflict faux cakes on the innocent.

That’s my 2 cents anyway.

I have made this several times and it has always been a home run. We have a keto group at the office that ask me for it all the time.

takes a bunch of bowls but well worth it.

(Ken) #10

This is kind’a silly. One meal within the context of an overall lipolytic eating pattern is fairly insignificant. You can’t even recompensate.much glycogen with it, let alone fill up your liver. If you go into the meal somewhat Fasted the carbs won’t even have.much chance to make it to the liver, if any glycogen is created it will go to the muscles.

In this case, for one.meal, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Please, let’s not turn this into a thread about Victimhood or Mental Illness as a response to my post.

Some people don’t understand, it seems. Understandable as we are different.
Eating some sugary cake (I usually eat many slices when I eat cake but from my own after a fatty protein rich half-lunch, it’s only 6-8) easily may result in bad feelings. My body is quite tolerant so I just get enervated, hungry (but often annoyingly so)… If it’s one slice, I probably would eat it with bad feelings (I hate sugar, the normal, added one) and would feel a tad worse. And if it’s what normal people eat, I would hate the sweetness. I am a hedonist so I can turn it off sometimes but if I make the cake, it’s always keto and if it’s my celebration, I don’t want to feel bad afterwards.
Probably many people can relate. Some even gets triggered, fall off the wagon, gain 30 pounds or something. I don’t gain any but it’s still bad. It might trigger insane hunger for days, it’s rare but there is some possibility (I think a single day isn’t enough but if there’s a whole cake so I eat it in 2-3 days… Cakes can be very tempting.) And almost anything but that.

So one may have a very good reason for a keto cake. I personally can’t bake a carby cake (maybe with some force? but my skills are bad at forcing myself) and my keto cake is way tastier than most cake, to me, I mean. Non-keto family members love it. Why would I ruin a cake with sugar and flour? It doesn’t make any sense to me, I would rather skip the cake. If I want sugar, I eat fruits and green peas where I gain something too.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #12

This one came out pretty good.

You can even make a nice keto icing :slight_smile: