Vitamins A, D, K

(Steve Stephenson) #1

Following Dr Kate’s book and web site FAQ’s, I take 3/day of Vitamin K2 MK-7 (NOT produced from soy), 1/day of Vitamin D3 (5000 IU each as recommended by the Vitamin D Council), and get natural Vitamin A by eating 1 oz of grass-fed beef liver / day (raw, but frozen for more than one week to kill any parasites without need for cooking, purchased at Walden Local Meats store); all to hopefully remove calcium in my arteries.

This study found “Cancer risk reduction with increasing intake of menaquinones (vit K2) [that] was more pronounced in men than in women, mainly driven by significant inverse associations with prostate and lung cancer. [But] found no association with phylloquinone (vit K1) intake.” Important to me as I have high volume metastatic prostate cancer.

Vit K2 MK-7 also treats rheumatoid arthritis, writes Dr. Kate Rhéaume-Bleue, ND. Coupled with the anti-inflammatory influence of a ketogenic diet, rheumatoid arthritis may be reversible. Certainly the aches in my joints have diminished substantially.

My view is that magnesium also helps in the mix with D & K. The balance with A & K is a delicate one too and I have been reading a bit about this lately because I have had a problem with low A for a while and need to supplement to get my levels up to norms.

(Steve Stephenson) #3

You can

for 1408 mcg = 4693 IU.

(Steve Stephenson) #4

Interesting; I started supplementing with magnesium primarily to stop leg cramps at night; but now I’m learning about more and more interactions.

Not if you don’t absorb it properly! The only way I can get my levels up is with dry form tablets.