Vespa arrived :-)

(ianrobo) #21

Well took it and did just under 4 hours at a larger speed than I normally would, proof ? ok good start

(Tom Seest) #22

Did you feel the buzz?

(Meeping up the Science!) #23

Kiiiinda want an FLCL yellow vespa now. Thanks for reminding me, dude.

(ianrobo) #24

not sure if a buzz @tdseest but don’t feel so washed out as I did on saturday and speed for ride was well up, if that is it, it worked eh ?

(Tom Seest) #25

Yep

(Vesa McD) #26

I was also expecting a scooter pic and wondering how many cc’s. It doesn’t make sense related to keto, unless you’re eventually trying to work your way up to a @Brenda sized bike. :wink:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

650 cc’s in case anyone is wondering.

(Larry Lustig) #28

Of HWC in the coffee?

(Polly Bennett) #29

Pure power. My People 50 with a pink license plate that says PIGLET. Because it isn’t big enough to be a hog.

(Meeping up the Science!) #30

Polly I have Vespa envy now!

(Guardian of the bacon) #31

I like your sense of humor!:thumbsup:

(Polly Bennett) #32

(Guardian of the bacon) #33

I would like to sincerely apologize to @ianrobo for totally sidetracking his thread.

(Meeping up the Science!) #34

I, too, am sorry @ianrobo! Your different Vespa intrigues me as I have never used such supplements. I find it interesting.

(ianrobo) #35

thats ok guys.

I am very skeptical about supplements I have to say but recovery today does seem better as this is only used for longer events.

It is not cheap so used sparingly I think a big benefit esp for my target which is big for next year.

(Marty Smith) #36

I’m so excited to Vespa here. Peter Defty is a great asset. Vespa works well for me. The taste is mild and my stomach doesn’t seem to mind it. My energy level during long runs are maintained and I don’t require much solid oral intake. Used Vespa at the start and every 2 hours. I drink a lot of water and take electrolytes every hour. It’s exciting to see super concentrated formula. That will make carrying it easier.

(feeds) #37

I used the VESPA Ultra Concentrate today and rode 90 miles for 5 hrs fasted, that stuff is amazing, been on keto for 18 months now so well and truly fat adapted.
KCKO!

(ryancrawcour) #38

as you’re well and truly fat adapted, i’d love to know, have you done a 90 mile ride with and without and compared the difference? i.e. if your body is able to draw down body fat (assuming you have fat to draw down) then do you need to supplement energy on longer rides? or are we supplementing electrolytes and other nutrients and relying on the body fat to supply the energy needs?

(ianrobo) #39

I have done both and using Vespa you can tell the difference, it just feels better, bit more power etc

(mark whittaker) #40

Just curious. have you included vespa as a part of your racing roiutine? do you use it regularly? Also Vespa site reccomends carbing up with something like a sweet potatoe the night before. do you do that before races typically? or have you done it?

I would be curious to hear weather you have a feeling on if prenight carb loading moves your MAF power down or leaves it the same. And does vespa affect that