Very sleepy when fasting

(Mike Ratcliffe) #1

I am on day 16 of my water fast and have heard so many people talk about being energetic whilst fasting… for me that is only half true:

If I sit watching TV or doing nothing I will be asleep in minutes but if I stand up and physically do stuff e.g. tidy, cook etc. I have plenty of energy to get a huge amount of stuff done.

The thing is that any time I sit down for a break I am asleep within minutes again.

My Ketoade contains 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp Potassium and 1/2 tsp Calcium Lactate… I have just halved my Magnesium today due to persistent diarrhea.

Anybody have any idea why I seem to have what I would call positional narcolepsy? It doesn’t seem to fit with my energetic state once I get off my butt and do something.

Mike
My progress

On my 11 day fast a couple of months ago, I felt incredibly tired most of the time. The mythical energy that people talk about never showed up for me. I chalked it up to being a normal weight person so not having huge fat stores to draw from, but I have no idea. Bone broth helped for a few hours the one time I tried it.