Very new need help please!

Update 4/17
Thanks to everyone for the tips and encouragement.

(Sarah ) #2

google keto flu and keto ade

Carb withdrawals/Keto flu. You need electrolytes. Drink lots of water and find some Powerade Zero or make your own Ketoade (recipe is on this forum if you search it). Give it some time, you’ll come out the other side happy you did. :+1:

(Darlene Horsley) #4

You just described the textbook definition of sugar withdrawal, congratulations! Also, you didn’t go over on calories, because that’s not a thing. Welcome to real keto, not the reddit make believe version. If your on ketogains AND here you will find a lot of conflicting viewpoints. Be ready for it. There are some things they get right, but I’ll leave that at “some”.

I had backache for a week when I first started Keto- I read somewhere it was detoxing. Still trying to find the right balance to help with cramps, 5 weeks in; have got Potassium & Magnesium tablets, trying to up salt much more & it is improving, so try these.
Don’t worry about the calories- not sure what limit you’re giving yourself (you said you were going over?), just concentrate on keeping the carbs low & filling up on fat. There’s lots of lovely recipes on here & other sites you can try. I was really hungry the first couple of weeks too, it is passing!

Thanks everyone for the input! I was worried I was doing something wrong and I guess it makes sense that I’m going through sugar withdrawal and my body is freaking out with the changes. As today has gone on, I barely have an appetite (complete 180 from yesterday) but I’m still eating (omelet for breakfast and protein shake with coconut oil and avocado now) and a headache is coming on. I’m heading to the store now to get some lemon juice to make the keto ade? And see how that helps me. I did take some Calm (magnesium supplement) and I think it helped me feel less anxious. And this is so much harder than I thought which tells me it’s good for me to eat better. But I’m looking forward to trying a lot of these yummy recipes! Thank you everyone!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Stay hydrated and increase your salt intake. That will help.