Vacation is OVER, finally

(Donna) #1

My kids have been here for 10 days. It’s the first time since I started Keto that I’ve seen them. While I ate well most of the time I still fell. Too much ice cream, too many carbs, too much sugar/starch. I knew it would be a struggle tho’ and I had decided in advance to allow myself some grace. While my body isn’t feeling great right now (the aches and bone-tiredness are back) I am not going to beat myself up over “failing”. I am getting right back on the keto-horse starting with a fat-fast tomorrow to kick start the process.

This is the first “diet” where I haven’t beaten myself up for not sticking with it. This is the first “diet” that I have been anxious to get back to just because I know I’m going to feel so much better soon!

(Brad) #2

Same here! I was on vacation last week and enjoyed ice cream, french fries, bread. By the end of the week I was actually looking forward to getting back on track because I wasn’t feeling like I knew I should. Also I was shocked to learn bread wasn’t as terrific as I remember.

Like you, I’m not beating myself up over falling off. I made the decision to indulge ahead of time and getting back on normal (keto) eating has been no big deal.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

That’s a great motivation. Cling to it! You’re doing fine, and you will be fine. KCKO. :bacon:

(Danielle) #4

I got back from vacation on Monday. I didn’t keto while I was away, and I’m glad I didn’t try. I gave myself permission to take a break. It would have been a real challenge and added stress to the vacation.

That being said, by the time I got back home I was really looking forward to getting back on track, and I was back on keto on Tuesday. To me, that’s a good sign that this way of eating works well for me.

I also lost 2 1/2 pounds while I was away! No idea how that happened…!

I also just got back from vacation last night and literally am thrilled to be back on the wagon today! I tried so hard to stay on keto in the beginning and really stressed myself out until I just was like… Let me enjoy it!

I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling so excited.