US News and World Report Best Diets 2018

1-8-2018 10-22-37 AM

Free your (body fat).

(Michelle) #62

that is a great video!!!

Begin hyperbolic (kind of) rant.

This kind of stuff makes me SO MAD. I feel like a lab rat in a generation of lab rats (born in '84) raised by parents who were convinced they were killing themselves with the way they grew up eating (raised in the 40s and 50s), but ended up being sicker from the standard advice and killing themselves sooner (pancreatitis, removed gallbladder, metastatic stomach cancer, and aortic aneurysm). So here I am, with over 30 years of indoctrination into the SAD, trying to heal myself through food. And the doctors I should be able to trust, who are supposed to protect my health, aren’t going to help me in this way (I at least can’t find any near me). Now I just see the hundreds of dollars a month I pay for health care for me and my family as mandatory requirement for emergency care and monitoring my health (kind of like glorified lab services).

Rant over.

This guy is so deadpan, I almost believe some of what he said. “I have had so many patients die on the ketogenic diet.” This made me pause a minute, lol.

Born in’84 myself and I feel you. Just now crawling out from under the generational “knowledge” that was indoctrinated into our parents and plagued me my whole life… Now I’m trying to make changes and get my parents to see the errs of their ways (they are both t2d). I think I’m slowly getting through to them but turning that ship around is taking time.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #66

Everyone who adopts the keto way of eating is going to die. But so is everyone else, probably a lot younger. :bacon:

(Casey Brown) #67

I think it’s funny that they quote someone who isn’t even a health professional. She’s an “assistant managing editor.” Why does that give her credibility on this subject?