Unintended side effect of Keto - I'm a Butter Snob

humor
butter
food

(Adam L) #41

Oh, too easy, thanks.

I get Kerrygold at IGA stores. I travel a bit for work and so far every IGA Iā€™ve been to stocks it. But I really prefer Westgold. Itā€™s grass fed as well, but seems more flavoursome to me. Be interested to know what you think if you give it a try.

(Adam L) #43

Will definitely give it a try in April as Iā€™m dairy free this month. I felt a little bit guilty buying the Kerrygold being that itā€™s not Australian but it tasted so good I quickly got over that!

Westgold is from New Zealand, so still an import, but a little closer to home, I guess. :blush:

I can get grass fed New Zealand butter in Vancouver. In normal grocery stores. Pretty cool. Not sure why they let that in but not others, like from France or Ireland.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #46

Unexpected, delightful side effect of Kerrygold: No more picking little pieces of paper out of the butter when you ripped it off a frozen stick. Foil, for the win.

Maybe because theyā€™re part of the Commonwealth? Complete stab in the dark from me though, so take it with a grain of salt.

It might have something to do with preliminary TPP trading ā€¦who knows. But, not sure how stable that new free trade agreement will last, to be quite honest. Lots of bitching and complaining going on in the news.

(Michelle) #49

Butter snobbery at itā€™s finest for sureā€¦

http://www.animalfarmvt.com/

Iā€™m so glad you posted this!

I love to buy butter from local farmers. They make small-batch grass-fed butter that is out of this world feakin awesome. Even better tasting than kerrygold.

(Michelle) #51

yes, makes me want a cow. and a chicken. i want fresh butter and eggs!!

(mykittashi) #52

LOL, but be careful of purse butter! I had a pat of Kerrygold in my purse that I forgot about. ā€œDiscoveredā€ it when I reached for my business card case and couldnā€™t understand why it was so slippery. Be sure to use protection with your purse butter!!!

(Jennifer) #53

Was just talking to the husband about a dairy cowā€¦ lol.

(Arlene) #54

Do it as soon as you can. There was a time, not so long ago when I never dreamed of milking my own cow and raising chickens. I decided to change that and Iā€™ve never looked back. Itā€™s a lifestyle change, for sure but why not? Go for it. That grass-fed butter is totally worth it. Often we only have to decide what we want in this life, and then work towards that goal.