Unintended side effect of Keto - I'm a Butter Snob

humor
butter
food

(Danielle) #1

So hubby is making dinner last night - porterhouse steaks - OMG Yum. And he’s searing his in… Margarine. What the F-ing F. Like ugh. Really! I didn’t even know we still have that shit in the house. And I walked by and made a face at him. What? he says. I’m like, don’t do THAT to mine. Just sear mine off and throw it in the broiler for a few. He gets all pissy at me… what, you don’t like Margarine any more? I said nope. Kerrygold Butter all the way. I melted some in a sauce pan with some garlic, salt & pepper. Dipped every single piece of steak in it, and then poured the rest on my Broccoli. Honestly, he’s not even allowed to eat my butter. He doesn’t appreciate it’s amazing-ness. He gets “normal” butter.

I’m seriously considering starting a #pursebutter movement. I don’t ever want to be without my grass-fed butter. I’ll eat that shit with a spoon. If the dairy-mongerers in PA ever ban Kerrygold butter; I’m moving. I think a small lock-n-lock container would work for #pursebutter. I eat it so fast, I don’t have to worry about spoilage.

That word, Margarine, should actually be a curse word and not even used in the same sentence as :angel: :star2: butter :star2: :angel:, especially grass-fed Kerrygold Butter! :wink:

(Danielle) #3

I completely agree. REAL butter has been a revelation. Damn near religious experience in my opinion.

(Bacon for the Win) #4

@dewy333 for real I did #pursebutter. Ruined a perfectly good Italian leather bag (that I got on our trip to Italy a few years ago) in the process.

I stopped at the co-op on my way to work, bought KerryGold and a few other things. Put it in the fridge at work (I work nights). Took it all out in the morning, tossed in my bag, and left the whole thing sitting on the front seat of my car during an 85 degree day. Ruined the bag, damn near my seat, which is also leather. I was so pissed I threw the whole thing on the floor mat and then proceeded to have melted butter in every crevice of the weatherguard floor mat. Took months to get it all out. Bag still sits in a heap on the floor at daughter’s apartment.

so. #pursebutter is a thing!

(Danielle) #5

EEEK! I hope my #pursebutter experience is better than that! I will use a sealed container. And try not to leave my purse in the car! :wink:

Margarine is a big blue fat that Finney says to avoid.

(Jennifer) #7

I don’t remember the last time we bought margarine - the thought of it gives me the shivers. Major yuck.

Just tell him it is a hair away from being plastic - it’s that fake.

(Arlene) #8

Margarine is not allowed in my house, period. I make my own grass-fed butter here, but even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t allow margarine here. I consider it poison. Yes, I’m that opinionated!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #9

Okay, that does it. You’ve convinced me. No more regular butter.

(writes “Kerrygold” on shopping list)

(Jennifer) #10

I love how Sam’s carries the spreadable Kerrygold tubs. Yum…

(chris) #12

https://youtu.be/mPpQ8DLCzJQ

(chris) #13

https://youtu.be/qrd3UTQC-QA

(Steven Cook) #14

Kerry Gold, pfft. we’ve moved on to this stuff… http://www.isigny-ste-mere.com/en/our-butters/ :grin:

(Matthew Brown) #15

This is the bomb - Isigny butter is all I have - lucky that my local stocks it.

(David) #16

I think, technically, that’s butterpurse

(David) #17

There was a TV show on TV (here in the UK) a few weeks back and they were making butter, and one of the ‘celebrities’, a real-hard nose stubborn old ex-politician basically said “you can pry my margerine out of my cold, dead hands.”

So, the nutritionist had her make some margarine. Jars of chemicals and shit (not literally) in a bowl then mix.

She was soon converted to butter.

(Danielle) #18

There is actually a local Amish butter (I live in PA) I’m planning on trying. They only sell it in 2# blocks, I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to finish it before it spoiled. I’m pretty sure I was very wrong about that.

Butter freezes very well. Chop it into smaller blocks, wrap in plastic or parchment or wax paper, and put in your freezer.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #20

Holy crap, I actually hissed at the screen like a cat when that hideous image popped up. No, I mean the food product.