UK Celebs go Carb Free for TV

“mystery solved”

FUCK OFF

yeah, look to your diet not their hunger

(ianrobo) #84

her blood sugars were higher before this and shock dietician does not advise a high carb diet, she will be in trouble !

(ianrobo) #85

well that was better, now it is all fat and few carbs eh ?

be interesting to see how it winds up

Clean Eating - Horizon
Thursday BBC2 21:00

(ianrobo) #88

clean eating, - basically Paleo it seems ?

(ianrobo) #89

oh it will end up positive, all promising to change etc but these kind of programmes need follow ups and medical stuff to be really useful. Imagine if they took ALison’ bloods at the start, she was pre diabetic and bloods went down, i.e… ‘cured’ which even now many claim can not happen ?

THE best prog I have seen is Doctor in the House. that is exactly what he did. He was slated by the British Dietetics Ass of course! How very unprofessional of him to reverse a potentially life-threatening disorder!

(ianrobo) #91

yep talked about him on another thread and did a lecture on one of J Moore’s LVLC shows from low carb vail, forgot his name

http://www.drchatterjee.co.uk/about/

(David) #93

One of them, not Gemma, the other one, ate 666 chocolate bars in a year, according to her food diary.

Wasn’t that the Doctor Who guy?

(David) #95

I found it interesting that the piles of food were, apart from Stavros and Ann, inversely proportional to body size.

Peter Davison, “The Doctor” as they keep calling him (geez, you played a famous role 30 years ago, get over it) ate something like 16,000 spoons of sugar a year.

(David) #96

No, he ate 16,000 spoons of sugar a year, but it was her that ate 666 (I remember the number, lol) chocolate bars in a year.

To be fair, that is less than 2 per day. I could easily have done that!

YES. Why didn’t they make more of that? Such an important point. You are NOT fat because you are greedy (currently being reinforced with this bullshit omelette saga) but because your metabolism is screwed by eating the wrong thing. How many people would weep tears of relief if this was explained to them?

(ianrobo) #99

nearly forgot BBC2 prog @Daisy turned and and Dr William Davies !

(ianrobo) #100

Loving these programmes as the science is there

Forgot it was on but am recording. Horizon is usually pretty good.