UK Celebs go Carb Free for TV

This should be interesting. 2 weeks on Sugar Free Farm.
http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week4/sugar-free-farm

(Luke Jeffery) #2

The website says it was shown January last year. Did you realise?

Oh. Must be a repeat or a new series then. Don’t remember it from last year - must have missed it.

Just looked - yes it is. Series 2. Actually now I am getting some flashbacks that maybe I did see it. I don’t remember it as being carb free though.

They are clamping down on series 2. I do remember the first series now and I seem to remember they left in complex carbs. Not this time. Let the whining begin! I remember some pretty petulant behaviour from the celebs last year!
http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/286075-itvs-sugar-free-farm-line-celebrities-confirmed-series-two.html

(Genevieve Biggs) #6

Wow. Two weeks. So much struggle. /sarcasm

IKR? If last year’s is anything to go by, there will be much whining and crying!

(Luke Jeffery) #8

Oh good, I’ll look it up. Thanks

(David) #9

I’m looking forward to this too. I don’t remember there being a series 1, but then I wasn’t quite so interested in food then. Well, not as much as scoffing it.

Season 2. Episode 1 of 4.

Seven celebrities submit to a diet free from sugar, refined carbs, processed fats and cheap meat. From the moment they take up residence in a farmworkers’ cottage, they’re put to work to earn all the healthy food they eat. TV presenter Alison Hammond cooks from scratch with natural ingredients, comedian Joe Pasquale discovers an aptitude for pig husbandry, and ex MP Ann Widdecombe overcomes an aversion to whole grains. However, while Peter Davison, Stavros Flatley are also put through their paces, reality star Gemma Collins has trouble handling the farm work.

(David) #10

Wow ! Joe Pasquale (probably the thinnest of the ‘celebrities’) has the equivalent of 16,000 teaspoons of sugar a year.

(David) #11

When they analysed the food diaries, they found that one of them eats 666 chocolate bars A YEAR.

(TrishR) #12

Thanks for the heads up @Daisy. I enjoyed the first series and hoped there would be more. Hopefully it won’t take too long to make it to Australia.

Stavros Flately? I am IN! Love him. I’m guessing it was on tonight then? I put it on the timer and forgot about it. The first series was hilarious. I seem to remember Jane McDonald having a meltdown with sugar withdrawal and being made to shovel pig shit. Too funny.

It is recording so I can skip the ads!

(David) #16

It will be interesting to see what the ads are during this broadcast.

(David) #17

They made them a nice ‘healthy’ granola for breakfast.

Poor sods.

There’s this UK show where Dr. Rangan Chatterjee follows a family for a few weeks. By the end of the show the Dad’s HbA1c goes from 9 (on multiple diabetic drugs) to 7 (with less drugs) and the Mom loses over 4 inches of her waist.

Doctor In The House Episode 1

It really pissed off the British Dietetic Association.

yes, that was a fantastic programme.

(ianrobo) #20

thanks the reminder forgot this was on. Problem is of course the adaption process kills any real good stuff from this, No matter how long in they will not be adapted and it will be more painful than when not he other side.

I note they said no cheap meat but then that presumes I bet that cheap meat is full of fat eh ?

(ianrobo) #21

just listened to him on J Moore’s LLC well worth a listen