šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ About the UK category šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§

(Norma Laming) #41

Donā€™t know if anyone answered this but whipping cream has more fat than single and less than double cream

(mags) #42

Thanks Norma. I think I did suss it out in the end
:grinning:

Greetings from Southampton! :wave:

(mags) #44

Welcome! Iā€™m from South Wales. Hope your keto journey is a great one. Weā€™re here to help if we can :+1:

Peterborough here. So great to see a UK forum, I canā€™t find some foods here that are available in the States. Pork Rinds especially!

(mags) #46

Welcome! :grinning: From what I understand our pork rinds (scratchings) are nicer than the American ones but are too fatty to grind up to use as a coating for stuff. There are some out there that might be OK but you have to watch in case they have crappy carbs added.

(Allie) #47

Yes this is the issue exactly. Iā€™ve found some called ā€œpork crunchā€ that look similar to those available in the US, but theyā€™re full of crap I donā€™t want to consume.

(bulkbiker) #48

Do you have an Asian supermarket near you? Oddly I have found chiccarones at Wing Yip and See Woo. They are I think what in the US would be classed as pork rindsā€¦ may contain crap thoā€¦ not at home so canā€™t checkā€¦ or make you own with pork belly skin . Slow bake in oven then whack up heat for 10 mins to puff up.

(Allie) #49

I do, but theyā€™re regularly shut down by the councilā€™s Environmental Health Dept. so tend to stay clearā€¦ :neutral_face: If I find one that may be a safer bet, I shall investigate though, thanks :slight_smile:

(Vijay Bhakta) #50

You could look for something called Pork Crunch in Home Bargains. I have used that for crumbing chicken.

Also, check out Morrisons as they sell pork skin, quite a bit for a few quid and you can make your own

(Sybella) #51

i make my own using the pork rinds, you just have to trim the fat before putting in the oven at low temp. Then fry them up.

(Paul O'Brien) #52

Hi Paul, from London here. Great to be part of this way of life !

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #53

SWEEEEEET! Thanks guys your the tops

(Alex Dyke) #54

Hi from Essex! Enjoying this WOE :slight_smile:

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #55

Hey Alex
Iā€™m in Harlow where are you in Essex

(Alex Dyke) #56

Not farā€¦ Loughton!

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #57

Hi Alex thatā€™s cool. Do you know of any good butchers or Whole Foods Shops around you Harlow is a dead end as far as anything like that. Iā€™m trying to put an Essex meatup together! yeah I know wrong time of year for fun in the sun and all that but hey! Lets chat and see whatā€™s what maybe start a West Essex keto support group

Drew

(Alex Dyke) #58

Iā€™m a big bbq fanā€¦ so I have a butchers based in Hatfield. I try to avoid supermarkets for my meat

He can ship nationwide

Iā€™d be interested in a meat-up, not sure on the demographics, so it might need to pull in those in London / surrounding area etc

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #59

Good to hear your a bbq Jedi, over the next few weeks I plan to build a smoker and then go to costco to get some of their field aged beef, and for the next mouth or so Iā€™ll be smoking anything that stands still for to long. :face_with_monocle:

I have herd of these guys, do you know of them? Churchā€™s Butchers Of Epping

https://www.costco.co.uk/Food-Wine-Household/Chilled-Foods/Meat/Taste-Tradition-Native-Breed-French-Trimmed-Beef-Fore-Rib-2kg-Serves-5-8-people/p/162526

(Alex Dyke) #60

Good luck with the build! Itā€™s a drum smoker?

Not familiar with that butcher, have used this one in Theydon Bois

But switched to the Hatfield one as heā€™s better!