Two weeks in, no weight loss

I have read all other posts on this topic and everyone mentions losing weight, then plateauing. I would be grateful if that was my problem. I am rounding out my second week, and this wasn’t a huge diet change for me as I was eating Paleo previously. In the advice to these questions I have seen a few posts about hidden carbs and tracking. I have been following a prescribed meal plan to the tee and tracking all of it. According to the diet, everyday has been 70% fats, 20% proteins, and 5% carbs, within 5 grams. And I have eaten between 1200-1500 calories a day… I have not lost a single pound. I am not giving up, I am just making sure I am on the right track.

(Jay AM) #2

Can you please share some more information? Height, weight, age, example food list would help us help you.

(Robert C) #3

Keep in mind that people are coming to keto from many different places. Many from tons of refined carbs / processed foods. When they move to keto (if they do it right) they drop all that and eat whole foods - making for a nice initial drop in weight (insulin goes way down, calories go way down, carbs go way down - all at the same time). Coming from another whole foods diet like Paleo - you won’t get that effect. Where you will make your gains is down the road when you are truly fat adapted and can switch to burning fat off of your mid-section whenever you want to.

Both times I tried keto I had a complete carb binge before I started, & ate a high carb diet beforehand, so I was bound to lose a lot of water weight!
Depending n your height what you’re eating might be a bit low on calories?
Plus this is only second week… with your previous diet being low carb you won’t have the initial big water loss that a lot of people experience in the first couple of weeks.

I’m 5’3”, prior to 2016 I was at a good weight and in good health at 135-140lbs. In 2016 I lost my home in a flood, lost my kitchen obviously, was not able to eat healthy, had tons of stress and ballooned out to 181lbs, where I am now. I started eating healthy again since June of 2017, every few months I change it up, have been working out the whole time and haven’t lost a pound. I started keto last Monday (almost two weeks). I guess an example would be bulletproof coffee for breakfast, pork chop with cream sauce for lunch, salmon with cucumber wrapped in bacon for supper. That is at least today’s example, on the meal plan I downloaded, everyday is different. As a checks and balances for myself though, I downloaded a meal plan, but I plug in what I eat into an app by a different group. Everything says I am doing the right thing and I even got ketone test strips, I AM in Ketosis.

(Paige) #6

I am having very similar questions. I feel i am being about perfect on this plan. Looking for same answers or guidance. Should indo a high carb day or meal to shake it up?