Twelve Days of Carnivore!

(Vic) #61

It is just fried in butter. I love it. Its very distinct in taste. I don’t care about the piss smell when you cook it. It doesn’t taste like piss.

(Vic) #62

Simple dinner

(Daisy) #63

On the third day of carnivore, my true love gave to me: butter! I posted this on Instagram today and it’s not even all. I have a bunch of open ones and found a few more hidden in freezers. But butter was attacking me every time I opened the freezer, so I figured I better organize :joy:.

Plus my omad. The last couple days, I fried my sweetbreads in lard. Today, I wanted to use up the last of a jar of homemade ghee. It got way too hot and the pork rinds burned immediately! Like really burned. My house was filled with smoke and my Nest smoke alarm lost her mind. So I ate some of it, then picked out the sweetbreads from the burnt pork rinds and gave them up. Also burgers, eggs, pâté, broth, bread cheese, and butter.

@Vic I love your dish!

(Edith) #64

Hi all, I decided to try salmon roe since I heard it’s very nutritious. Blech! :face_vomiting: I am not a fan. Give me my raw piece of liver any time. I will not be buying it again. :nauseated_face:

(Laurie) #65

@Ketodaisy It’s amazing what we find when we decide to organize our mess! (Sometimes we find out there isn’t much there at all, just messiness.)

butter

That butter in the bottom right of the pic. Is it 100% Kerrygold butter, or is it the controversial Kerrygold spread that is packaged so similar?

(Laurie) #67

Apparently real butter:

I tried it in my Japanese restaurant visiting times ages ago :slight_smile: It looks good. All the food I normally eat is better :smiley: I have this with all fish eggs, it’s just some variety and something different to look at it, that’s it.

I am still home, it wasn’t the plan but maybe Alvaro comes home today… Oh well. I still need to go shopping, I didn’t really focus on it while being at Oti the last two times… First I was shocked, then I only bought a few things for myself. My meat and cheese supply is good. But Alvaro needs other things as well (it complicates shopping a lot).

Did you know that almost 20% of people have tiny extra spleens? And that one may donor blood without a spleen too. I wasn’t sure. I know noting about blood plasma donation vs spleen.

To the topic of butters and not-quite or not-at-all-butters…
We have some abominations here. Kerrygold is probably not popular, way too expensive while the cheapest butter is very expensive already, I barely use any myself but I am a lard fan and pretty much avoid buttery baked things since many years. Sometimes I bake pancakes in butter. Especially when I am not sure who will eat it and how. Butter works for all type of pancakes for both of us.
So. We have butters, they are pretty similar, at least the less expensive ones.
There is a watered down quasi-butter. It probably seemed a good idea as it’s cheaper and lower-calorie, both are so very important for too many people here…
And the fanciest margarine (still not as expensive as butter, of course) has a version with added butter(!). Maybe it has a version that is allegedly tastes more like butter too (they totally admit butter is superior there… or almost)… Whatever, the added butter one is way more expensive, it gets close to butter on a good sale.
I am a plain, simple one regarding these things. I typically don’t like mixes. Especially when at least one ingredient is something I don’t want. The absolute worst is when they add sugar AND cheap, horrible sweeteners to things (which don’t even need them if you ask me). Many years ago while I still contemplated the idea of having a glass of fruity juice at gatherings now and then, it was very popular.
But watered down butter… One needs way more of it then and it will be worse, it doesn’t even make sense to me…

(Vic) #69

Had 2 of those for lunch, even added some butter and mayonnaise. Was hungry.

And a bit of Cheese for dessert

Yes I understand that wild path. I lost the same darn near stupid 70 lbs a few times. You are SO fortunate you have not lost your mojo cause on my last regain time, I was right on that fence of saying F this cause I couldn’t take it anymore. To lose only to gain back…omg. I was going mental on all that :slight_smile: But you do have more knowledge and so did I and when I took my last hurrah into this again, I succeeded cause I put ALL that darn knowledge into one package and said I am gonna do this LOL and I did. I feel now there is no regain in my future cause I know me thru all the crazy of my personal journey. I know what I can get away with and what I can’t :wink: I just now won’t allow anything but the best of the best to walk me forward now, I refuse to go backward…but it took time for that all to sink in for me.

You will reset and move forward. This is just your journey and the detours we all faced thru it but heck you are a moderator on this site now which means you have no intention of walking away from a healthy eating lifestyle :slight_smile: Plus you had time now to deal with medical issues and figure ways to work around them and to me FB ya sound in great spirits! I tell ya 2021 is our year for goals accomplished!
and while 2021 might be crazy a bit still like 2020…we still can put our health forward and go on the attack and get’er done :crazy_face: Thanks for sharing!

your chicken leg pic is yummy :slight_smile: Simple is so best on zc…ahh, the ease of this plan is fab!

You put my stash to shame HAHA Love it! Great butter and food pic!

yea me too. I tried too and couldn’t go there either!

Happy Carnivore Day

food yesterday was

1.35 lb. NY Strip steak
some slices salami
some slices taylor ham
1 chicken breast

didn’t eat a ton, just not that hungry. I am in lower eating mode right now but I am sure I will jump right back up as usual. I am glad I am hitting into lower eating mode and feeling very nourished and satisfied and not hungry, helps with the stupid holiday time right now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All going very well in my little zc world. Hit the stores for a few things the other day and OMG the price of King Crab legs was enough to give me the shivers. Geez, to expensive darn it, and that is a food I could literally live on but not at those prices. ugh. oh well. Maybe a Christmas present to myself later? Hmm, might just happen LOL

Soldier on and dig in deep!

(Edith) #72

I know that right now is the end of your day. Tomorrow is a new day. There is no reason why you can’t restart and recommit. You can do it. :grinning:

I will show you simple - or not, it’s winter and I eat my food before I can have some sunshine on it… Well okay, flashlight. My pork and chicken wasn’t that pretty last time and I didn’t show them.

Now I roast turkey drumsticks! :slight_smile: My meat consumption definitely went up now that I am way below 1 egg per day… But I still have pork, just not much and I am desperate and try to make soup from turkey drumsticks… Turkey soup, I never had that :smiley: But I roast them later. And put the bones back and cook the soup for some more time…
Is this a thing or I am a savage? Not like I care. It’s my only option for soup now that my shopping today couldn’t happen (I wanted bony duck parts. I think I mentioned. oh well, next time). And soup is good (it’s my 12th consecutive soup day I think). But drumsticks must be roasted if you ask me :D. They are surely nice in other ways but now I have my roast phase. Especially when it’s something that can have crispy skin. Tender chicken are so good that way…

(Daisy) #74

That one is real. When I saw the posts, I had a little mini heart attack and ran in and looked. It was good. Then I looked at the grocery store next time I went. It was a new product (the crappy one)

right now I bought a bunch of Finlandia butter cause it hit on sale for the holidays, my Kerry did not go on sale but I have to say…Finlandia stinks. It spits badly in the fry pan. Spits like it has water in it, ya know when you fry oils and then some water gets into it and it spits violently, this Finlandia butter spits terrible. I was surprised by that. I will use up what I got and won’t buy more. I tried Finlandia back in the day and never bought it again but couldn’t remember why LOL and now I remember why LOL We chatted butter on that other thread and Filandia was mentioned and I thought, hmm, time to grab some but I was weary of it and yea, again, I know why now.

GREAT butter is truly a great thing in life for us!!

(Daisy) #76

Nooooo :scream: Finlandia is one of my favorites!! Maybe not good to cook with (I’ve never tried), but just to eat plain… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: it rivals kerrygold to me!

ok ok I give you that…taste is fine LOL

but I am a ‘flash fry’ person. I put a great bit of butter in my ‘sacred’ fry pan and heat on high fast and Finlandia is a spitter to epic proportions cause I let my butter go into brown/damn near burned before I flash fry my steak to blue rare.

but yea yea, taste is good!!! if it was this or nothing, darn right I would live on it, not one doubt about that HA

(Daisy) #78

Yeah I’ve stopped trying to fry with butter. I’ll add it after, but it burns too fast and my husband already tells me every day to STOP using the Nest (smoke alarm) as a cooking timer :joy::joy:

yup that is me LOL

but I love food blue rare but I must must must have that super crispy thin outer layer cause ‘geez’ that is what I like and I get the same…hubby says OMG open a window!! Is that vent on? yes it is HAHA

ya know what, I don’t care one bit :partying_face:

worst is pretending when he cooks my steak on an rv trip on that darn propane grill that is is ‘great’ cause it is usually more ‘gray’ on the outside and so unappealing to me but I just smile and say good…if he only knew HAHA

you know I want nothing for xmas and he was pushing and I said…electric skillet fryer pan. For at the campsites, I can ‘flash fry’ my steak on high and make it ‘me’ and he was like, hmmm, thinking, which is never a good thing, probably wondering why I wasn’t into his ‘steaks on the propane grill’ but I then said, hey but great for taters and rice dishes and more you wanna cook and he flipped to that. Believe me how my steaks are cooked on vacay and out roaming around in campsites is super important to me…see I fandangled a way to make it work for me HAHA ahhh, too crazy :wink:

yea me is a sneaky carnivore that gets her own way eventually! hey I gotta be me :joy:

(Daisy) #80

Ha! That’s hilarious!! I hope it works out for you!
usually use lard or tallow as it can tolerate the high heat a little better. Then I’ll add butter at the last few seconds for the crust :heart_eyes:

Today’s meal was raw, locally grown wagyu chuck steak. It was delicious! Plus eggs, beef fat, sweetbreads (not burnt!), and broth. Forgot I wanted to finish up my package of bread cheese. Was still a little hungry after (and hubby brought me home a ninja master prep from work the other day I’ve been dying to try out), so I made an egg shake. It was really tasty! But was the first time I’ve had heavy whipping cream since I’ve gone carnivore and I have never tolerated it in the past. My tummy is a little upset at the moment, but I’ve been experiencing a lot of tummy upset this week, so we’ll see how it progresses. Egg shake (adapted from Becky Niles recipe) was 2 eggs, 1/4 cup hwc, 4 Oz water, 8 Oz ice, 1 tablespoon fat, pumpkin spice and vanilla