I’ve been eating keto since March, almost 3 full months, and while my experience has been mostly good… I’m just not feeling quite right.
- I have been losing weight, about 20 pounds so far. I definitely make some two steps forward and one step back progress some weeks but it’s been pretty consistently going down overall.
- My numbers from bloodwork all look better. My LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are down. No deficiencies found, though I worry over my electrolytes.
- I’m getting more things done. Some of that is necessity since I have to shop and cook more now since the process is different and the non-keto cook of the house needs help with the conversion.
- I feel strange. Feeling both weak and tense with built up energy. But the energy doesn’t feel good, if that makes sense. More like I’m hopped up on something like the side effects of psuedoephedrine decongestant or have an uncomfortable nervous energy like a borderline anxiety attack.
- My hypertention has increased to the point that my doctor has added an ACE inhibitor to the beta blocker I already take.
- I had some chest pain for a few days after some rare consumption of alcohol.
So now I have a stress test tomorrow and get to carry around a bottle of nitroglycerin around in my purse. I feel like something needs adjustment and I’m just not sure what the trouble is. I’ve been resistant to really close food weighing and logging because “calorie counting” made me so food brained that all I could think about was how much I was “allowed” to eat and when would I be able to eat again.
So since I eat 3-4 times a day, I have tried to be sure that I consume no more than 5 carbs at one sitting. But this has all been estimated and eye-balled up until now. I’ve decided to bite the bullet and really measure and record everything now, but since I find the task so onerous, I really need a good, easy to use app or something. Preferably not expensive.
Also just general input, please. I don’t know what this is, but I don’t think I can go on feeling this way all the time. If I’m accidentally eating more than 20g net carbs or not getting enough protein or fat, can it aggravate hypertension?