Turns out I needed a theme song

(Kaiden) #1

I felt an absolute lack of social support. It’s why I joined the ketogenic forums, but even then I felt unsupported by the controversies and differences of opinion. (E.g., I don’t eat dairy, except for ghee on the weekends, I am in the 0.8 camp instead of the 1 to 1.5 camp, and every picture of an avocado just turns me off). I LEAPED VIOLENTLY from the horse last week.

A large part was a 13+ month stall after the initial rapid weight loss, which I blame not so much on falling off a horse by switching it mid stream. Some crazy woman told me that OMAD would “wreck my metabolism” and that I needed to “feast” (overeat) when I’m not fasting and fast for days on end, but stop if I feel bad, so I wound up provoking my body instead of allowing the progress to continue, but even when I went back to daily intermittent fasting, I wasn’t experiencing much progress, and “mixing it up” made it harder to ignore the “I’m ready for more” response from my stomach, which is different than actually being hungry.

This week, I’m doing much better, and part of it is that I discovered a theme song. It’s hard to feel unsupported when you have a theme song. By pure coincidence, it’s by Carl Franklin, and it’s “Don’t Stop.”

I selected it not only because of the underlying message of “keep calm and keto on,” but the explicit (no pun intended), “all this food on my plate; we’ll never starve.” I’m participating in the Smart Drug Smarts Water Fast Week, (so, feeling supported, still), four days in and not hungry. My excess body fat is a super power, because I’m not hungry. I respond to the “I’m ready for more stuff” response from my stomach with water and/or salt.

And when the week is over, I know I can go back to a normal Fast-5 (19 hours fasting window, five hour {which usually means 30 minutes} eating window), and hopefully will have my hunger signaling back to what it was in 2016.

(MooBoom) #2

It sucks to feel unsupported. I love that you found your own theme song, and that’s working for you! :raised_hands: