Trying to lose weight quickly with IF, but I’m tired

(Marcel129) #1

I’m trying to lose weight quickly by IF, one meal a day. I’m tired. I’m in my 7th week so it’s not keto flu. I was feeling great when I was eating a more diverse diet. I’m sure it’s because I’m not getting enough magnesium. Im basically just eating one meal of eggs with cheese cooked in butter. I’m just doing this to try and lose some weight quickly for an event. I plan on eating more diverse again soon. So how much of supplement should I take and which ones? I guess I should drink keto aide. But how much are you supposed to drink? Or if I drink a Powerade zero how much should I drink, 1 bottle a day?

(Allie) #2

Best to leave fasting, even IF, until you’re properly adapted.

(Keto in Katy) #3

Some people find that dairy does not agree with them very well. Maybe try eating more meat, fatty cuts are best — beef, pork, chicken. Back off on the dairy for a while.

(Todd Allen) #4

Leafy greens are a major source of magnesium. Adding spinach, chard, kale, etc. to your eggs might help and also give a more balanced micronutrient profile. But if you just want to supplement magnesium try getting bulk magnesium citrate powder and stir a spoonful into your eggs.

(Todd Allen) #5

Forgot to ask, are you in your 7th week of IF or 7th week of keto?

(Ernest) #6

That’s crash dieting. Not ideal
Basically, you are starving yourself, body doesn’t quite like that. It will fight you back by slowing you down.

(Allie) #7

And making you feel awful along the way, which is what seems to be happening.

Adaptation before fasting and then ease into it gently.

(Marcel129) #8

7th week of KETO

(Marcel129) #9

I’m not starving myself. I’m not hungry.

(Marcel129) #10

I’m pretty sure I’m adapted. I’ve been eating Keto for 7 weeks. I have been feeling great.
My question was about supplements. How much? Or how much keto aide or powerade zero.

I would agree with all of above, but if you really want/need a quick boost and you’re sure you’re fat-adapted, it might actually be better to alternate fasting days with normal eating days rather than a longish stretch of OMAD (one-meal/day).
But - I know, that’s not what you asked - your question was about supplements! So… you could do a search for “electrolytes” and “Keto-Ade” and see what works for most people.

(Allie) #12

If you were feeling great before you changed things then you need to pay attention to what your body is clearly screaming out to you

(Julie Pegler) #13

I just drink one big cup a day, but LOTS OF WATER helps, and if you get a headache drink pickle juice or bone broth.

At 7 weeks you’re most likely not fully fat adapted (in most cases you wouldn’t be) and until that happens fasting doesn’t quite work the way you’d want it to. You’ll lose faster be eating standard keto and keeping those fats up to promote adaptation. Fasting is awesome, but when your adapted. Also keep note OMAD has a bad track record for slowing down metabolisms. If you could just change something last minute and drop a lot of weight we’d all be eating garbage and only care when we needed to. Sorry, but it’s true. There’s a reason you’re tired, your body is telling you to EAT! If you want to make it easy, eat that meal 3 times a day but eat. If your hungry and tired a whole list of things is happening inside that will STOP weight loss!

(Marcel129) #15

I did not mention the only reason I was trying IF is because I had stalled for two weeks. I just wanted to break my plateau. I think I am fat adapted because I’m never hungry. So I’m just going to change it up every few days to keep my body guessing.

I’ve had good luck with not getting my fasting into a predictable pattern, but if your never hungry when not eating I’d just say do 3-4-5 day fast and bust through that way. Fasting way to smash through a plateau. I used to do a week at a time and it always did the trick. Now that I’m trying to put on muscle I won’t do more than 3-4 days at a time but a good fast does wonders. Keep the salt way up 4-5 times a day while fasting.

(Allie) #17

Two weeks is NOT a stall, just part of the process same as a small gain would be. Stall / plateau is when there’s no change for months but the scale is not the only guide, in fact it’s the worst one to use because it’s misleading. Listen to your body, Judge by how you feel.