Trying IF

(Rusty Lee Rusk) #1

So after about 4 days on my first IF I’m losing body fat😉. How long do you IF? Permanent or cycle off?

(Marta Loftfield) #2

Hi Rusty, I cycle on and off mainly around my social schedule. Some weeks, every day, last week being Easter I skipped longer IF through the weekend. I did continue to IF through breakfast as i am never hungry in the morning.
MG

I usually fast 22-24 hours a day and OMAD, have one meal a day. On the weekends I may/may not have 2-3 meals, depending on my social calendar. Some weeks I’ll do 48-72 hours and have done also done couple 120 hour extended fast. My husband just started flexing his fasting muscle and will ask himself out loud “am I hungry?” But he doesn’t answer, so I’ll ask, “Are you? Are you really?”

(Moriah ) #4

I would ask yourself what your goal is. Weight loss, managing diabetic issues, balancing insulin from a “deranged” metabolism or autophogy. You might do it differently depending. Lots about all of these on 2keto dudes and obesity code podcast.
I actually started with Dr. Varaday IF protocol with 500 calories EOD for weight loss. Then I discovered Dr. Fungs podcast and learned about the benefits of fasting on balancing insulin levels and I then switched to 36 hour fasts. (eat at night, don’t eat the whole next day, eat at breakfast) I did that every other day for about 6 or 7 weeks. I really felt that helped a lot with my insulin resistance and giving my poor body a break from producing so much insulin. Then I went fully keto (I was very conservative with carbs before that because I have something like a mild hypoglycemia and carbs don’t make me feel very good). Now on keto I remember to really feast esp on fat before a day of fasting. I fast about 2 days a week 20-24 hours because I’m still fat adapting after 2 months.