Tracking - recipes

I have been on Keto since last January. I have tracked my food in My Fitness Pal. What I find exhausting is one dish meals whereby I have to weigh/measure everything, record it as a recipe and split into my serving sizes. It’s ALOT of work and I LOVE one dish meals because I find them so easy.

What is everyone else doing? Single food items? One dish meals?

I find online recipes not always accurate and the serving sizes are always too many. It’s just my husband and I so I like to create smaller meals.

(Amy Ramadan) #2

I love to cook and love experimenting with new keto friendly recipes. But, I don’t track anything!! Much easier and it works for me!! I try to stick to under 20 carbs, other than that I dont worry about it!!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #3

I do a lot of one dish meals too and have to create a recipe, like you. That said, after 4-5 months, i have a recipe created for most of my meals…maybe a few require a tweak.

How do you know how many carbs are in your cooking experiments if you don’t track?

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #5

You just keep track of the carbs in the ingredients you add. For example one spring onion add one carb etc

This makes sense to me. Thanks.

Got it. Thanks

(Carl Keller) #8

I try to keep things simple. Basic veggies, dairy and meats… nothing too fancy. It’s still satisfying and I’m not bored eating what I’ve been eating. I don’t weigh or measure anything. One of the perks of being a sous chef is I have a pretty good eye for what things weigh or how much volume they have.

(Amy Ramadan) #9

I use very low carb veggies, meat and cheeses. I can see the total count in some recipes, but honestly don’t worry about each portion, just eat until I am satiated!! I know this might not work for everyone but it is working just fine for us right now so will stick with it, unless it changes!!

(Running from stupidity) #10

This.

Also, in Cronometer, you can open an old recipe and tell it to open as a copy, and then just tweak your changes. Most of my recipes have a date or version number (i.e. Mousse mkIV) on them as a result :slight_smile:

(Dee) #11

I do not log my food. I’ve tried; it gives me severe anxiety.

I keep it simple. Meats, veggies, cheese… but I still eat great dishes too!

I only try recipes that I consider simple. I bypass recipes with obscure ingredients.
With time, I’ve learned to gauge carb estimates in the foods I consume. When unsure, I will look it up.