Toppings for Carlshead pizzs

(jchappellt) #1

I’ve been enjoying Carlshead pizza immensely, and I was wondering what others are doing for their favorite spreads?
My favorite that I’ve done so far is chicken Alfredo Carlshead pizza: standard crust, then a nice layer of Alfredo sauce (I’ve missed my pasta lately) and then I add the breasts leftover from a rotisserie chicken (I never eat the breast because the lack of fat) and then some mozzarella and a generous serving of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

(AnnaLeeThal) #2

My daughter likes mozzarella and pepperoni. We make her a mini pizza for herself.

My husband and I like to get a bit more fancy. Recently we did pesto, thinly sliced red onion, mozzarella, and feta.

Another favorite is proscuito and marinated mozzarella slices.

Garlic and olive oil sauce, olives, and red pepper.

The possibilities are endless. We like to use it as a meat free meal sometimes.

(Rebecca) #3

I have heard so much about the Carlshead pizza I really need to give it a try.

Had it for dinner last night. Man it was good! Non keto daughter wanted to try it and said she preferred it to ‘real’ pizza. I now have 2 batches of dough made up, rolled out into really thin pizza bases, layered in baking paper and popped into the freezer ready to go if the pizza urge strikes. Topped with favorite toppings and cooked on the baking paper it was rolled out and frozen on. Super convenient and minimal prep.

(Richard Morris) #5

it really is a new way to make better pizza

(Michael Boggs) #6

Recipe: http://carlfranklin.net/blog/2016/7/31/carlshead-pizza-my-riff-on-our-beloved-keto-friendly-fat-hea.html

I make sauce from tomato paste, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and a little water. I top the pizza with bacon, sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, and goat cheese.

(Robin) #8

Clare, I’m assuming you freeze the uncooked dough, correct? Does it have to be already rolled flat to freeze? Can it just be in a ball?

I Sous vide Italian sausage leave it in the bag until ready to make pizza, open it up and throw cut squares of sausage on to my Carlshead pizza.

Precooking the sausage and ensure no raw, but the 8min topping bake makes everything nice and crispy.

I guess you could leave it in a ball to freeze I’ve read online when checking out fathead recipes that people do that no problem, but I haven’t personally tried it. I have kept some rolled in a ball in the fridge for a few days and I just warmed it in the microwave to make it pliable for rolling out when I wanted to use it, and that worked no problem.

So I roll it out and freeze it uncooked for future convenience really.
Then it’s super easy to grab one pizza base, throw on the toppings. I bake it in a super hot oven on a pizza stone. I roll them thin so i don’t even need to defrost.

They are layered up on baking paper and i keep it on the baking paper when it goes in the oven so the paper does double duty too. Win win.

(Jane Reed) #11

My favorites are a bit of sauteed onion and bell pepper, sausage, black olives, the barest layer of sauce on the dough and mozzarella on top. Heaven.

For those visual folks, here’s some pictures. You’re welcome.:blush:

Just using the opportunity to hone my photo uploading skills…

(Tom) #13

My perennial favorites are hot Italian sausage (hemplers brand) and Pepperoni (Open Nature uncured hot salami). And cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese! :smile: :smile:

(Jason) #14

Check out the 2ketodudes website for Shrimp Scampi pizza. It’s still my favorite.

(Steven Cook) #15

Do you oil the paper prior to rolling? I’ve just been using my (oiled) hands to press the dough flat but it’s never quite evenly thin enough, so I intend to try rolling next time…

No oil necessary. Put the baking paper underneath and on top of the dough when rolling it out. It doesn’t stick at all so you’ll be able to peel it off when needed. If your dough is sticky you might need to peel the paper back slowly and at a low angle. If you will be freezing them in stacks it will be a super easy to remove the paper and you can leave the bottom one on during baking.