Tom Seest's Latest Extended Learning (Fasting / Feasting) Experiment

(Tom Seest) #61

Yes. I’ve basically been holding my breath and simulating the same thing.

Seems to be getting better everyday.

(Stephanie Hanson) #62

That’s good. Prolonged SVT would be bad. I know you know your stuff. I frequently take courage from your journey.

(Tom Seest) #63

2017-02-02 - 9:00 AM - Latest Update with Readings

Ok. While my heart rate has not totally returned to normal, it is improving steadily each day. I’ve also received blood labs back that indicate that have my inflammation markers at normal again. So, I feel confident in trying to fast again.

I’m going to attempt a water fast for now, and see how it goes. I’m currently at 38 hours, and feeling fine.’

Here are my sleeping numbers from last night. I had a nap, and then I went back to bed:

As you can see, most of my hours sleeping are now in Zone 1 or below with the exception of some times where I got up for a bathroom break. This is still not normal, but much better than it has been.

I did not eat yesterday, but here are my MyFitnessPal logs:

Here are my readings from 7:00 AM this morning:

Regarding my heart monitors, I have two more sophisticated devices showing up later today, so I’ll probably have more news tomorrow regarding the condition of my hear.

(Tom Seest) #64

2017-02-02 - 9:10 AM - Spreadsheet is updated

I’ve created a spreadsheet for this fast based on 22 days. It has been updated, although there isn’t a lot to see yet.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AnnheiLCcfWxgZ0-SCTWYG1BAReFFA

(Tom Seest) #65

2017-02-02 - 2:00 PM - 43 Hours Fasted

Updated readings. BK at 1.2, BG at 81 means a GKI of 3.75.

(Stephanie Hanson) #66

@tdseest how are you doing?

(Tom Seest) #67

Still alive and well. Still trying to figure out my heart.

Doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with my blood.

Yesterday, I took a bicycle ride at 7 Miles Per Hour which is almost nothing for me. The ride was very flat. Here is how my app scored the ride:

As you can see, I spent most of the ride with my heart rate over my maximum; yet I felt nothing unusual.

Then, this is how my sleep went last night according to my Apple Watch:

Because my heart is acting strange, it releases ANP which causes me to get up to pee all night. So, the watch thinks I’m exercising and records it as such. I could try to hit the toilet from the bed but I don’t think I have the requisite skill set.:joy:

This is how my sleep app recorded my night of sleep:

All that said, I feel fine and can maintain a full time work load. It’s more annoying than anything.

The doctors now think it was probably caused by stress and the pneumonia but no one really knows.

I sleep more now, to give the heart a rest, but it forces me to be more judicious and economical with my time. So, I’m not here or on Facebook as much because I don’t have as much time available.

But, I could be normal again at anytime, or as normal as I get. Until then, I continue to learn and move foreword at my own slow steady pace. I continue to run the race.:sunglasses:

(Stephanie Hanson) #68

It’s good to hear from you. I’m assuming they ruled out endocarditis.

(Kathy L) #69

Me thinks you are a “technology freak!” (Not a bad thing in my book) :wink:

(Kathy L) #70

LOL!