Tips for starting to IF 16/8

(David Arias) #1

I apologize if this question has been asked before. With my work schedule it’s easier for me to skip Dinner and just have breakfast and lunch. So I am starting to try intermittent fasting. What tips would you guys give someone who’s new to fasting. Guess my main concern is getting my proper Keto nutrition in two meals. Have been trying it for a week now and I seem to get full from breakfast then come lunch I don’t really want to eat much. Have been trying to split my macros in half for each meal.

Both keto and IF can blunt hunger signals for people, and so when combining both just keep an eye on the scale to make sure it’s not moving too fast (after the first week of a diet change, i.e. ignore water weight lost)

Depending on how much weight you have to lose, you might not need to get all of that 2nd meal in, but it depends on your goals and how well you adjust to the smaller feeding window. 8 hours is a pretty decent amount of time so I imagine you’ll be able to easily eat your desired amount of food per day once you adapt to the schedule.

Other general IF tips would be to keep your mind off food during the fasting window. With your fast being in the evening, you may have to avoid habitual triggers such as socializing with coworkers or friends after work, sitting around watching TV, etc. Drink water, stay productive, remind yourself why you’re doing this, etc.