Double - Double Protein Style-mustard and pickles only

Another customer ordered extra spread after me
Yum…so good
That was my favorite sauce!!
Aka…thousand island I mean🤣

Yes I know
I’ll make up a Keto version soon

However, Hum🤔

So, what “ was “ your favorite fast food sauce ?

Perhaps share your “ Keto mock sauce “ version recipe?

To travel down —— and get jarred up by some drive thru late night memories
Here’s a nice list below

Enjoy

Thanks for playing

(Carl Keller) #2

BIg Mac sauce.

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
  • 1 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons French dressing
  • 1 tablespoon finely minced white onion
  • 1 teaspoon sugar

Haven’t tried it but could sub out the sugar for stevia. The french dressing and sweet relish are a little carby but all that mayo will water down the carb count. I’m estimating 1-2 carbs per tablespoon after it’s all put together.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

Thousand island.

(Troy) #4

Nice!
Another member posted an option for making their Keto version of sweet relish
That can be swapped as well for the above

(Empress of the Unexpected) #5

For salads I actually prefer blue cheese, but blue cheese doesn’t work for me on burgers. I’ve tried it.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #6

Blue cheese on any beef is great.

(Carl Keller) #7

It’s close but a little off. But you just reminded me of Reubens. It’s corned beef with swiss and sauerkraut and thousand island on jewish rye bread… now to just find a carb free jewish rye recipe…

Thanks I’m off to search for it now. :slight_smile:

(Troy) #8

Simple looks like
Just Stevia added
“Trailer Pickles “ was the name or recipe

(Troy) #9

And blue cheese stuffed Burgers!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #10

Is this your attempt at pure torture??

(Empress of the Unexpected) #11

Wow, I’m totally making myself unpopular! :rofl:

(Carl Keller) #12

Not at all. I’m focused on the keto-friendly parts of that sandwich. I just need something to hold it together. I have no interest in any bread that’s processed in whole or in part. :wink:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #13

I refuse to attempt to bake keto treats. Just meat, cheese and veggies. Nine months later - I am still tempted. No, I need to quash all that fake keto bakery stuff .

(Carl Keller) #14

I don’t do treats either… nothing remotely close to simulate the act of eating anything sweet and carby. I fear that I won’t be able to stop at “just one”, like it used to happen before keto.

I have done some mug buns with almond flour, egg, butter, baking powder and salt and I find it great for sopping up runny eggs, steak grease and holding a burger… but I don’t have any binge issues with them. So I am not against trying out a keto bread as long it doesn’t have sugar. I know it will be for serving a purpose, not a desire. :slight_smile:

That’s my approach as well. I don’t try to make keto-versions of things, as most often I’m left unsatisfied. The only exceptions seem to be cauliflower mash/rice and lettuce wraps for hamburgers. When I remember it, I’ll also do cheese tortillas for tacos, but I usually forget and just do a salad or a lettuce wrap (messy though).

(Sophie) #16

Not cheap, but gets the job done!..:smile:

https://www.netrition.com/glc_bread_company_bread.html

(FRANK) #17

My go to sweet relish: Mt. Olive “No sugar added” Sweet Relish. Only 1 g carb per table spoon. I use it for making T-Island Dressing and tarter sauce. They also make “no sugar added” sweet pickles.

Sure beats re-inventing the wheel.

BTW, a reuben w/o the bread is friggin awesome!!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #18

Add stevia to a jar of dill pickle chips and let it go for a couple of days to soak in.

I missed my reubens!!. I make them as a casserole now. Cook the beef in a slow cooker, cut, put into casserole dish, top with sauerkraut and swiss cheese, serve with keto 1000 island. I guess if you wanted to get “fancy” you could make a creamy swiss (ala mornay) sauce and mix it in. Im going to try mixing in caraway seeds the next time I make it, in rememberance of rye.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #20

Oh my, I’m going to try this. Yummy.