Time for a Reset

(Jeff Davis) #1

I haven’t fallen off the horse completely, at least not long term, but have just been getting a little lazy with keto lately. I took a short family vacation and ate a few things I shouldn’t have. I went off plan a bit on Fathers’ Day. And I have been indulging in a bit too much alcohol. I haven’t stepped on the scale, but I’m sure I’ve gained a couple of pounds in the last few weeks.

Time for a reset. The plan: clean keto (you know, like I should be doing always). I plan to engage in more fast/feast cycling (including participating in 70 hours or so of this week’s Zorn Fast). And I need to cut back on the booze. When I was really losing a lot of weight earlier this year, I restricted myself to drinking only on Sundays. That worked pretty well.

So, KCKO, eat bacon and eggs, drink water, and all that. I love having the accountability and support provided by all the ketonians here on the forums.

(Carpe salata!) #2

I’m going away a few weeks … cruise, bus trips, lazing on the beach … hopefully I can keep it together. Or if not, not go too crazy :sunny:

(Robert Burress) #3

Life is also about living…keep it steady, don’t go too crazy but have an ice cream with the kids, drink a beer with a friend, whatever it is. Fasting and Keto will be here when you get back! :slight_smile:

(Carpe salata!) #4

Thanks. I love this forum!

(Robert Burress) #5

Ironically, I’ve not been so good at my own advice. I’m getting married in August and have been trying like mad to get to 100kg. I don’t think I’ll make it…but…honeymoon in Vietnam. Me and noodles will see each other again!

(Carpe salata!) #6

For me getting under 100 would be a significant achievement. I was 100.2 the other day but then hovered back over 101. I’ve been trying some IF so it’s not a drama. I know I could smash it by a 3-day fast … but I’m not ready for that. Yet.

It’s nice to have dry powder in the quiver. It’s like the “Jade Meditation” I read about some time ago. A monk was given a piece of valuable jade and carried it in his inner breast pocket while doing his normal monkley business in old tattered clothes, eating the food he could get. All the while knowing he had the means to do anything else if he desired.

(Robert Burress) #7

I did a three day fast a few weeks ago. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. It was a ‘fat fast’ which may (or may not as some people say) been easier. The most difficult parts were the same as a 24hr fast…hour 18!

I went on vacation back home for 2 weeks and I stopped IFing, stopped counting calories and even stopped counting macros. I kept it low carb for sure, but definitely splurged on things like nuts, dark chocolate, peanut butter… all keto acceptable things but in way “too” high quantities! Still I knew I stayed in ketosis because I was very active (just Walking around the whole day) and I totally felt like I had gained weight but it ended up just being a bit of water Retention. After a week back on track, Im back where I was before. It felt good to chill out for those two weeks, not think about keto so much without letting go completely and having to deal with the guilt and everything that Comes after a carb binge. KCKO!